India v WI - Third Official to Adjudicate No Balls.

It's the future.
About time. This should’ve been the first thing they used the tv for imo.

It must be bloody difficult for an umpire to watch for a no ball then look up to see what’s happening at the other end of the pitch in a split second. Hopefully it means we get more correct decisions decisions n the field.

It's the future.
Has to be. There will be some who argue that it takes away the (unlikely) advantage that the batsman has upon hearing the no ball call and playing an aggressive shot, but I think it's pretty unlikely there is enough reaction time to adjust your shot

Watched the other day and they were speculating that it may be only a matter of time before a loud siren or gong is introduced to inform the crowd when a no ball is spotted (probably in the IPl). Would be interesting to see how many MCC members that would kill off if it were ever used at lord’s

Watched the other day and they were speculating that it may be only a matter of time before a loud siren or gong is introduced to inform the crowd when a no ball is spotted (probably in the IPl). Would be interesting to see how many MCC members that would kill off if it were ever used at lord’s
So now there are TWO reasons to do it

Has to be. There will be some who argue that it takes away the (unlikely) advantage that the batsman has upon hearing the no ball call and playing an aggressive shot, but I think it's pretty unlikely there is enough reaction time to adjust your shot
When the ball is coming at 85mph+, you absolutely do not have the time to switch your game plan entirely. Maybe if a spinner bowls a no-ball there might be time, but that rarely ever happens. Interesting point, but I have never seen someone pinch hit on the umpires call.

My argument would be, what is the umpire even there for anymore. May as well just have a Steward standing at the crease doing what the computer says to do.

What the feck did I spend four minutes watching?:lol:

Public information films in case the Ruskies dropped us in it. They were never shown on terrestrial tv but my comp. school showed them in "moral education" classes.

If the gong sounds, it's either no-ball or hold your breath and bruah the radioactive duat off. 50 / 50 ? I like those odds.

Public information films in case the Ruskies dropped us in it. They were never shown on terrestrial tv but my comp. school showed them in "moral education" classes.

If the gong sounds, it's either no-ball or hold your breath and bruah the radioactive duat off. 50 / 50 ? I like those odds.
I like the idea of going and hiding from radioactive f***ing fallout underneath a bridge. Genius :lol:

Back