India v England series

Not a strong argument that one really. On spinning surfaces, top level NEPL spinners would pick up a few high profile wickets. Scott Borthwick took four wickets in a Test match in Australia. There are better spinners with more control playing NEPL than him.

There aren’t better bowlers than dom bess playing in the NEPL mate that’s completely untrue

There aren’t better bowlers than dom bess playing in the NEPL mate that’s completely untrue

Bess is a top level Premier League / lower end first class level bowler. He’s no better a spinner than Graeme Bridge.

The amount of full tosses, long hops and innocuous deliveries he chucks down is absolutely nowhere near the level of a top county bowler, and certainly not Test match level. He may improve over time but he’s nowhere near good enough to be a frontline spinner for England. Root is better

Last edited:
Bess is a top level Premier League / lower end first class level bowler. He’s no better a spinner than Graeme Bridge.

The amount of full tosses, long hops and innocuous deliveries he chucks down is absolutely nowhere near the level of a top county bowler, and certainly not Test match level. He may improve over time but he’s nowhere near good enough to be a frontline spinner for England. Root is better
That’s not true at all

Not too many bowlers in the NEPL getting out the likes of Kohli And Matthews like

You will be surprised my mate Anth got Richie Richardson out as did another 50 bowlers or so in the same season :lol: Joking aside moderate bowlers have got quality batsmen out at times since cricket began. Ive never known a regular test match spin bowler for England bowl as many poor balls as Bess but he is young and will hopefully improve. His stats are still good but wont be for long unless he tightens up.

150 first class wickets and under 30 and he is only 23. The need for hyperbole on here is minging at times like.

worse than a club bowler now just because someone is angry we are losing.

His domestic record is not much better than Graeme Bridge’s. And Bess has had the luxury of playing at Taunton.

You get yourself far too worked up lad. No one is angry here.

You will be surprised my mate Anth got Richie Richardson out as did another 50 bowlers or so in the same season :lol: Joking aside moderate bowlers have got quality batsmen out at times since cricket began. Ive never known a regular test match spin bowler for England bowl as many poor balls as Bess but he is young and will hopefully improve. His stats are still good but wont be for long unless he tightens up.

Sorry like but comparing him to club bowlers is really poor stuff like. Its just not remotely true either.
His domestic record is not much better than Graeme Bridge’s. And Bess has had the luxury of playing at Taunton.

You get yourself far too worked up lad. No one is angry here.

Yes it is, he took 89 wickets in his career and at a higher average

I'm not angry you're just making a fool of yourself mate.

There are spin bowlers at the highest level of club cricket who bowl with more control than Dom Bess. I’ll withdraw the word ‘better’ if it means Johnson doesn’t give himself a nosebleed.

Point being that Bess is not a test match standard bowler at this point of time and he has benefited significantly from playing his cricket at Taunton. He’s a three dimensional cricketer which also helps. If he was as good with the bad and in the field as Panesar, he doesn’t get picked.

There are spin bowlers at the highest level of club cricket who bowl with more control than Dom Bess. I’ll withdraw the word ‘better’ if it means Johnson doesn’t give himself a nosebleed.

Point being that Bess is not a test match standard bowler at this point of time and he has benefited significantly from playing his cricket at Taunton. He’s a three dimensional cricketer which also helps. If he was as good with the bad and in the field as Panesar, he doesn’t get picked.
I
went to every test match in South Africa

he bowled beautifully and eocnomically the whole tour

this is just not remotely true, hyperbole at its worst

you're just lying sorry.

Sorry like but comparing him to club bowlers is really poor stuff like. Its just not remotely true either.

Yes it is, he took 89 wickets in his career and at a higher average

I'm not angry you're just making a fool of yourself mate.

A moderately higher average and at a ground not known for its friendliness to spin bowling. I stand by my judgement that Bess is not a top level, either Test or county, spin bowler whether you think I’m a fool or otherwise.

A moderately higher average and at a ground not known for its friendliness to spin bowling. I stand by my judgement that Bess is not a top level, either Test or county, spin bowler whether you think I’m a fool or otherwise.

Mate NEPL bowlers cant go to South Africa and be England's premier spinner for a 3-1 win like :lol:

what planet are you living on?

There is a jump from saying you dont think he is test quality to saying your mates down to the local club are better bowlers, you sound the local madman.

On field umpires have ben excellent again.
Agreed. Can’t stand the tossers but the pitch looks a good one and we will pay for our unbelievably stupid selection on it tomorrow IMO

Pitch is good, on field umpires have had another good day, shame about the players. It could well be a case of 275 being a decent score and there was absolutely nothing in that pitch today to prevent us from doing that.

On field umpires have ben excellent again.

Pitch is good, on field umpires have had another good day, shame about the players. It could well be a case of 275 being a decent score and there was absolutely nothing in that pitch today to prevent us from doing that.

the Bairstow decision was a shocker like

Back