India v England series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remembered that during this game at one stage England were down to 11 overs an hour. Will that even be considered an offence with the game over within two days?

It usually doesn’t matter what the outcome of the game is IIRC. Certainly doesn’t matter in Championship cricket.

Those old days of one dayers when they went off for a forty min lunch break after 30 overs of the first innings, then a tea break just after the start of the second innings.

then the games used to finished around 8pm in those old finals back in the day. Or that famous Lancashire match that finished about 930pm with no lights involved

The last time we played them there was loads of seam and swing in almost all of the tests Edbgaston and Trent Bridge I remember clearly. We beat them 4 -1 from memory they pissed it at TB, we hammered them in one but the others could have went either way? Whatever conditions we play in over here we might be favourites but they will be very competitive.

They were good cricket pitches. The one that has been mentioned recently is Lords because they got bowled out for 100 twice but that was the weather rather than the pitch. It was as flat as Lords usually is, Woakes got a century iirc

They were good cricket pitches. The one that has been mentioned recently is Lords because they got bowled out for 100 twice but that was the weather rather than the pitch. It was as flat as Lords usually is, Woakes got a century iirc

Yes they were nobody made 300 at Edgbaston but it was as much swing as seam IIRC and probably in the top 5 test matches i have seen.

Notice plenty of people on social media clutching about the pitch at Trent Bridge in 2015. It was far from a green-top, the excessive swing and seam was due to moisture in the pitch from overnight and early morning rain.

Notice plenty of people on social media clutching about the pitch at Trent Bridge in 2015. It was far from a green-top, the excessive swing and seam was due to moisture in the pitch from overnight and early morning rain.

And Australia just batted poorly. Root made a century on the same day. The only green pitch I’ve seen England play on in recent years was that test against Ireland a couple of years ago at Lords, which Root came out and said was not up to standard

And Australia just batted poorly. Root made a century on the same day. The only green pitch I’ve seen England play on in recent years was that test against Ireland a couple of years ago at Lords, which Root came out and said was not up to standard

England declared 1st innings :lol:

Also our batting was very flakey then, we were well into the play 5 all rounder stages

I'd fancy our lads to get runs at home

Last edited:

Its a rubbish argument he makes as well. If you just take the view that any pitch is OK because both sides are playing on it you just wouldn't get people watching test cricket. People paying months in advance for day 3 tickets and not seeing a ball bowled. I'm not as passionate as other on the 'unfair' side of the argument but I am really passionate about it in terms of paying customers and the future of the game. You cant have test matches with quality players finished in 5 sessions with Joe Root taking 5/8 and opening the bowling in international cricket. Utter joke.

“We’ve never complained about the pitches”

So I just imagined Kohli whinging about the First Test pitch then?
Its a rubbish argument he makes as well. If you just take the view that any pitch is OK because both sides are playing on it you just wouldn't get people watching test cricket. People paying months in advance for day 3 tickets and not seeing a ball bowled. I'm not as passionate as other on the 'unfair' side of the argument but I am really passionate about it in terms of paying customers and the future of the game. You cant have test matches with quality players finished in 5 sessions with Joe Root taking 5/8 and opening the bowling in international cricket. Utter joke.

If the interviewer thought quickly on his feet he should’ve responded with:

“A pitch that lasts longer than a session before it starts to explode.”

Last edited:
“We’ve never complained about the pitches”

So I just imagined Kohli whinging about the First Test pitch then?

If the interviewer thought quickly on his feet he should’ve responded with:

“A pitch that lasts longer than a session before it starts to explode.”

They have really embarrassed themselves here imo in the desperate need to win to get themselves to the test championship and devalued the game.

Which is the worst bit.

Home advantage is already a massive advantage between India and England.

Without going over the top ,going any further and they is no point playing as we will know the result before a match played, which can’t be good for the game of test cricket.

I am not normally one to have a go at opposing sides and call them.

But on this India have no where to hide imo and deserve all the criticism coming their way for preparing that ridiculous pitch.

Just farcical

They have really embarrassed themselves here imo in the desperate need to win to get themselves to the test championship and devalued the game.

Which is the worst bit.

Home advantage is already a massive advantage between India and England.

Without going over the top ,going any further and they is no point playing as we will know the result before a match played, which can’t be good for the game of test cricket.

I am not normally one to have a go at opposing sides and call them.

But on this India have no where to hide imo and deserve all the criticism coming their way for preparing that ridiculous pitch.

Just farcical

Although I agree, they havent embarrassed themselves, as absolutely nobody is calling them out about it, so theyll not care and will never admit it

Although I agree, they havent embarrassed themselves, as absolutely nobody is calling them out about it, so theyll not care and will never admit it

I think they have embarrassed themselves.

You may be right that they don’t care though!

What sets cricket apart from the likes of football is the way it’s played and that the game is bigger than a team winning.

They have let the game of cricket down, but you probably right about them not caring.

It was Ashwin who ran out Buttler that time when he was backing up, which kind of says the type of mindset they have!

I think they have embarrassed themselves.

You may be right that they don’t care though!

What sets cricket apart from the likes of football is the way it’s played and that the game is bigger than a team winning.

They have let the game of cricket down, but you probably right about them not caring.

It was Ashwin who ran out Buttler that time when he was backing up, which kind of says the type of mindset they have!

What I mean is, because everyone is so scared of them, the ECB, the ICC, England players, the English media, wont question it or say anything

Doesnt embarrassment come from you doing something wrong and everybody calling you on it?

BTW I totally agree with your view like, maybe I am being pedantic, but unless anyone calls them out on this, then they wont be embarrassed.

I really dislike them, the comments by Ashwin, Kohli and stuff and Rohit just leave a bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back