India v England - Second Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

f***ing hell man, I switched off at about 10.15 with it 50-2.

Get back in, check score and it's 117-7 :lol:

Brilliant Monty

Pietersens batting and Panesars bowling made the 4am start well worth it. Off to be a happy man now :cool:

(Still dont want to be chasing more than a ton mind).

More than likely though - we'll lose Cook and KP early, play some ridiculous shots, middle order will crumble, Swann will get a quick 25 and that'll be about the highlight as we limp to 270 all out and the Indians Close with a lead of 200 and 8 wickets left. :-(

Whatever you do, don't bump this prediction of today's play.

So, whos up at 4am!?

Up at 4, back to bed by 5 after we've wrapped it up. ;)

Seriously though, surely we can't fuck this up can we? If India could somehow get to a 150 lead we could wobble chasing but I'll be optimistic and say we'll skittle them quickly to leave us a nice small target.

I think only Cook and Swann survived the SMB culling list in the last fortnight, I reckon everyone apart from Trott and Broad are safe now.

For a week, at least.

Cook, Swann, Prior and Panesar would be the only names on my 3rd Test team at the moment. And probably Pietersen.

Cook, Swann, Prior and Panesar would be the only names on my 3rd Test team at the moment. And probably Pietersen.

What does he have to do to be a definite? :lol:

And Jimmy can be added to that list too, saying as he's the only seamer so far to pick up a wicket.

Well done England. Comfortable 10 wicket victory in the end.

11 wickets in the match for Monty. Just think if we'd selected him for the first test we would be well on our way to a 4-0 whitewash by now. ;)

Only two decisions to make: Bairstow/Bell and Broad/Finn.

You're probably right but they may decide to bring Bell back at the expense of Patel rather than Bairstow. With Monty and Swann bowling so well you could argue we don't need a 3rd spinner so might as well play a better batsman at 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back