India v England 2021

Paddy O'Dors

Striker
5 Tests due between January and March.

Anyone off here going/thinking of going?

Was thinking about having a dodge to Kolkata if they play there. Someone said their grounds are dry which sounds a bit if they are shit mind.

Seamers bowl five overs, then it’s slung to ashwin and jadeja, or another spinner.

seamers back on for five after the new ball is taken

Aye I’ll be there. Fuck knows where mind they’ve got loads of options. Thinking Mumbai, Delhi or Kolkata as a first timer surely one of them will be included.

Last edited:
Aye I’ll be there. Fuck knows where mind they’ve got loads of options. Thinking Mumbai, Delhi or Kolkata as a first timer surely one of them will be included.

I was reading they do it on rotation. Dunno if that's for just for tests or all games. If it's for tests that would mean Kanpur, Mohali, Mumbai, Chennai and Dharamshala.

Would love Dharamshala to be one like. Up there with Newlands for the backdrop.

I was reading they do it on rotation. Dunno if that's for just for tests or all games. If it's for tests that would mean Kanpur, Mohali, Mumbai, Chennai and Dharamshala.

Would love Dharamshala to be one like. Up there with Newlands for the backdrop.

Did Mumbai and Chennai last time. The grounds are dry but Mumbai is decent for a drink on the night.

I might do Dharamashale if we’re there. I know Vizag last time was something like a 21 hour flight from NCL last time though so fear it would be something like that.

Did Mumbai and Chennai last time. The grounds are dry but Mumbai is decent for a drink on the night.

I might do Dharamashale if we’re there. I know Vizag last time was something like a 21 hour flight from NCL last time though so fear it would be something like that.

That's the downside to Dharamshala like, middle of neewhere and flights via Delhi. Took me nearly 30 hours door-to-door from CT like, 21 hours would be short haul in comparison.

Might manage the first two.
Problem is I have to be back home by 5th February.
Wait and see when the fixtures are.

We always have a Test in Chandigarh, something to do with the BCCI and PCA( Punjabi Cricket Association) having a lot of Political Power.
As far as I know it is the only place where you can have a drink in the ground.
The Sikhs are canny drinkers anarl and there are quite a few taverns around, and it is in one of the 6 places in India where drink is hardly taxed. Mysore, Delhi, Pondicherry and Goa are also cheap for alc.

Also Mohali (a suburb of Chandigarh) is fogbound in winter , maybe no play till lunch, 200 miles or so North of Delhi and hardly anyone there.
Fast train is, I think 3 and a half hours, cheap as owt with meals included.
Also, stay in Pahar Ganj, backpackers area of Delhi, and get the train from there, on the day if you want, Pahar Ganj is right next to the station.

Hopefully it will be the last Test.
It is totally unlike the rest of India, the equivalent of Milton Keynes, new town, planned, wider streets, clean, more affluent, etc.
The locals love it. Very different.

India have a 5 Test series in Australia, Nov- January.
I would guess that if the last Test is Sydney, it would be 3-7 January and then they fly home.

I would expect England to start the First Test on Wednesday 20th January.
Last time the 5 Test series spanned 43 days.

Last edited:
5 Tests due between January and March.

Anyone off here going/thinking of going?

Was thinking about having a dodge to Kolkata if they play there. Someone said their grounds are dry which sounds a bit if they are shit mind.
Ooooh that would be a good one. Spent some time in Mumbai a few years back and have some cricket mad mates over there. Would f***ing love to get back over there for a test

Fwiw, Vizag is canny, we stayed out of town, on the beach, not too far by auto rickshaw. Easily accessible from anywhere in India, but Hyderabad is where we changed flights and as far as Indian cities go, it is definitely one of the better ones I have been to.

Had an alert saying India will play England in a day night test on this tour

Who was the alert from?

I ask because the BCCI is notoriously inept, and would be surprised if they had any idea themselves what they are up to.

Especially this far in advance.

Last time, the first Test was in November and they announced the dates, I think late June.
However, at the same time they announced the dates for their home series v Australia, which started in January.
So at least that was 6-7 months in advance.
For us, iirc, just over 4 months.

That said, they may try a day night one v England, because of peak UK viewing time.

Or not, they are a law unto themselves.

Also expect no logic whatsoever in the order of the venue's, with the maximum distance possible between venues.

Absolutely anything is possible, which is part of the fun of India.

Who was the alert from?

I ask because the BCCI is notoriously inept, and would be surprised if they had any idea themselves what they are up to.

Especially this far in advance.

Last time, the first Test was in November and they announced the dates, I think late June.
However, at the same time they announced the dates for their home series v Australia, which started in January.
So at least that was 6-7 months in advance.
For us, iirc, just over 4 months.

That said, they may try a day night one v England, because of peak UK viewing time.

Or not, they are a law unto themselves.

Also expect no logic whatsoever in the order of the venue's, with the maximum distance possible between venues.

Absolutely anything is possible, which is part of the fun of India.
Cricinfo

Last edited:
Cricinfo

Cheers for that.
Interesting article.

Ahmedabad should also be interesting if confirmed.
The whole state of Gujarat is dry.

Also there was a series of bombings in Ahmedabad in 2008 and after the Mumbai bombing, just before the Test series started, they were moved from Ahmedabad and Mumbai to Chennai and Chandigarh.

India Today suggests it may be the second Test.

Also, didn't know this, but the stadium will be 110,000.
I expect lots of school kids will be making up the numbers.

Wait and see, even if announced, certainly this far ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed.
Ok, have done a bit of research as I want to go, but am time restrained.

T20 WCF on 15 Nov in Oz.

Oz then play one Test v Afghanistan, I'm guessing 22-25 Nov.
Starting a week after the WCF.

They then have 4 Tests and 3 ODIs v India at home.

Last time v India, the 1st Test started on 6th December, and 4th finished in Sydney on 7th January.

They then played 3 ODIs and finished on 18th January.

I guess it will be the same this time.

I can't see Australia playing 3 ODIs v India in the 10 day gap between the 2 Tests v different countries.

So it follows that the last game for India in Oz will be approx 18 Jan.
They could start v England Wednesday 27 January for the first Test v England.

Second Test to start
Thursday 4 February

Last Test to end 11th March or so.

Or something like that....
Cheers for that.
Interesting article.

Ahmedabad should also be interesting if confirmed.
The whole state of Gujarat is dry.

Also there was a series of bombings in Ahmedabad in 2008 and after the Mumbai bombing, just before the Test series started, they were moved from Ahmedabad and Mumbai to Chennai and Chandigarh.

India Today suggests it may be the second Test.

Also, didn't know this, but the stadium will be 110,000.
I expect lots of school kids will be making up the numbers.

Wait and see, even if announced, certainly this far ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if it was changed.

Ok, have done a bit of research as I want to go, but am time restrained.

T20 WCF on 15 Nov in Oz.

Oz then play one Test v Afghanistan, I'm guessing 22-25 Nov.
Starting a week after the WCF.

They then have 4 Tests and 3 ODIs v India at home.

Last time v India, the 1st Test started on 6th December, and 4th finished in Sydney on 7th January.

They then played 3 ODIs and finished on 18th January.

I guess it will be the same this time.

I can't see Australia playing 3 ODIs v India in the 10 day gap between the 2 Tests v different countries.

So it follows that the last game for India in Oz will be approx 18 Jan.
They could start v England Wednesday 27 January for the first Test v England.

Second Test to start
Thursday 4 February

Last Test to end 11th March or so.

Or something like that....

Last edited:

Back