India 🇮🇳 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 5th Test Dharamshala 🏔️

Wood for Robinson the only change in the final test.

I would have rested Anderson as well but with two wickets to go to reach his 700th and the test is a dead rubber it would have been a tough choice to rest him.

I would have rested Anderson as well but with two wickets to go to reach his 700th and the test is a dead rubber it would have been a tough choice to rest him.

WTC points are on the line so we need to play our best team. He’s definitely in it in these conditions imo.

Rest him for what though he's 41. Our best bowler in altitude like they will be playing in is a no brainer.

England don't play again till July and can't see him playing much CC now. Surely he's wanting to maximise how long he can keep playing for England.

Last edited:
Not forgetting the likes of Adam Gilchrist and Chris Gayle.
Indeed just was thinking more in the top 3 where it's more classical to see off the new ball.

Gordon Greenridge scored double ton against us in 1984 off 234 balls. It took 18 years before someone did it faster

They ain't reinventing the wheel, just do the talking on the pitch.

Last edited:
Indeed just was thinking more in the top 3 where it's more classical to see off the new ball.

Gordon Greenridge scored double ton against us in 1984 off 234 balls. It took 18 years before someone did it faster

They ain't reinventing the wheel, just do the talking on the pitch.
I think yes and no to that one mate.

There has certainly been individuals who have scored as fast if not faster than this England team, as we have alluded too

However as a collective team effort not sure I remember a test team as a whole consistently scoring as fast as this current England test team.

The first test victory in Pakistan that first day performance and getting a win on that wicket was a historic performance imo.

Last edited:

Back