India 🇮🇳 v Australia 🇦🇺 test series

Obviously still early days in the series, but it shows that our 3-1 defeat there a couple of years ago wasn’t that bad at all.

Jadeja is some cricketer like

240 odd wickets @ 24
Runs at 36+
Top fielder

3 first class triple centuries, one of only 8 ever

I know he bowls a lot in India where it turns, but he’s a cracking all rounder
Probably the most underrated cricketer of the century.

His stats are ATG all rounder status yet not talked about in such ways.

Obviously still early days in the series, but it shows that our 3-1 defeat there a couple of years ago wasn’t that bad at all.
In that series most of their batsman struggled. Rohit and Pant were the difference and they gave us chances where we could have made it a lot closer than it was.

Obviously that win in the first test saw them resort to absolute bunsens to require our largely inexperienced batting lineup in the subcontinent to pull of feats like Rohit and Pant which was never gonna happen.

Shock horror. Conditions suit Indias spinners right to a tee.
From what I saw of the Aussies first dig they have themselves to blame.

All the set batsman were got out by stuff that wasn't particularly threatening.

Laubaschagne got stumped playing a bit of a nothing forward prod, smith missed a straight one and Carey out bowled behind his legs reverse sweeping.

Shouldn't really be losing your openers for nowt against seam in India too.

But had the 3 I mentioned who all looked well set and carried on batting could have easily put up 300-400 themselves. Gave India too much of the good batting conditions by not doing this.

Australia have been terrible here. Prodigious spin but even bounce and not taking chunks out of the pitch on the first morning like it was when we were over there. They also had the advantage of batting first. The conditions are no excuse for their level of performance.

Are India so much better than Australia that they’re guna thump them by an innings? The answer is no. The pitch has been prepared to massively favour the home side.

All the criticism Pakistan get for their pitches but not a word said against these cheating bastards.

I suppose we will now have to hear how great they are and how much better they are than everyone.

Lowest score ever in India for the Aussies.

The pitch wasn't even moving. Interesting to see the res tof the series, because you think Australia could be in a world of trouble this summer.

Are India so much better than Australia that they’re guna thump them by an innings? The answer is no. The pitch has been prepared to massively favour the home side.

All the criticism Pakistan get for their pitches but not a word said against these cheating bastards.

I suppose we will now have to hear how great they are and how much better they are than everyone.

Give over :lol:

The stats say that the pitch has spun less then any pitch in India for the past half decade or something.

They've also absolutely smashed Australia as well, it was the same for both teams and wasn't even close.

Last edited:

India scored 400 on the same pitch and the Aussies batted first.

I’m not having that like. It’s India, it’s going to spin. It spun when we beat them and it spun when the Aussies beat them. It’s what you expect. They batted first and had the best chance of scoring runs. When we played their last time different story, pitch falling to bits in day one, some staying low and some taking the shoulder of the bat. They were poor pitches not this one.

Back