• Nepal T20 (Nepal)
  • Canadian T20 (Canada)
  • Bangladesh PL (Bangladesh)
  • Lanka PL (Sri Lanka)
T10
  • AD T10 League (UAE)
  • 6ixty (West Indies)
  • Zim Afro (Zimbabwe)

Is this the best way to develop cricket as a sport in countries like Zimbabwe, USA & Canada? Or is it a way to make money in countries like the UAE where there are little to no spectators? The list of countries that have T20 leagues is growing and is an easy payday for players.

It’s a bit of both. The so called lesser nations don’t have the finances like England , India and Australia and they want to compete at T20 or shorter

they were talking about cricket in the olympics and that would help the lower ranks as governments would put money in

it would be T20 or even T10 to get a olympic tournament in within 2 weeks

I don’t blame the players for cashing in but I do worry when a player like Will Smeed packs in all red ball to just play white ball

I’m concerned that players of the future could go the same, then where would England get test players once most of the current team is finished ?

T20
  • T20 Blast (England & Wales)
  • The Hundred (England & Wales)
  • IPL (India)
  • Big Bash (Australia)
  • PSL (Pakistan)
  • CPL (West Indies)
  • SA20 (South Africa)
  • ILT20 (UAE)
  • MLC (USA)
  • Super Smash (NZ)
  • Nepal T20 (Nepal)
  • Canadian T20 (Canada)
  • Lanka PL (Sri Lanka)
T10
  • AD T10 League (UAE)
  • 6ixty (West Indies)
  • Zim Afro (Zimbabwe)

Is this the best way to develop cricket as a sport in countries like Zimbabwe, USA & Canada? Or is it a way to make money in countries like the UAE where there are little to no spectators? The list of countries that have T20 leagues is growing and is an easy payday for players.
The hundred show be moved to a catergory of its own, I have a provisional working title for this catergory. I have called it the bin.
I did see that some of the bit part players in the 16.4 were paid maybe £30,000 for that one tournament which lasts a month. Just how many of these could a single player play in and what sort of salary would that put him/her on per annum?

Last edited:
T20
  • IPL (India)
  • Big Bash (Australia)
  • PSL (Pakistan)
  • CPL (West Indies)
  • SA20 (South Africa)
  • ILT20 (UAE)
  • MLC (USA)
  • Super Smash (NZ)
  • Nepal T20 (Nepal)
  • Canadian T20 (Canada)
  • Lanka PL (Sri Lanka)
T10
  • AD T10 League (UAE)
  • 6ixty (West Indies)
  • Zim Afro (Zimbabwe)

Some of those leagues don't count towards a player's T20 stats.

But the Hundred does :rolleyes: :lol:

T20
  • IPL (India)
  • Big Bash (Australia)
  • PSL (Pakistan)
  • CPL (West Indies)
  • SA20 (South Africa)
  • ILT20 (UAE)
  • MLC (USA)
  • Super Smash (NZ)
  • Nepal T20 (Nepal)
  • Canadian T20 (Canada)
  • Lanka PL (Sri Lanka)
T10
  • AD T10 League (UAE)
  • 6ixty (West Indies)
  • Zim Afro (Zimbabwe)

Say what you like about T20, and I like test cricket as much as anyone, but it is so much more accessible to 99.9% of people. Test cricket by nature is naturally constraining and cannot be followed by all and never will be able to due to the constraints of life. T20 is pretty easy to access and watch within the constraints of modern life, and on that basis it will continue to prosper

Just flicking through the TV channels and found an international T10 between Belgium and Bulgaria. Belgium scored 26 off the first over!

Viaplay channel 553 on Virgin Media.

Back