In the future...

beam1234

Striker
When we are in the Champ/Prem, do you think our sojourn in L1 will make us more likely to buy players from this league. I think it makes sense as we see one or two every season who can certainly make the step up. The only thing that might stop it is a totally new recruitment team who have eyes raised above L1.

When we are in the Champ/Prem, do you think our sojourn in L1 will make us more likely to buy players from this league. I think it makes sense as we see one or two every season who can certainly make the step up. The only thing that might stop it is a totally new recruitment team who have eyes raised above L1.
We might not get back to the premier league for years and years tbh

More likely (to buy from L1) when we are in Champ than Prem.

I think that when we are back in the Premier League we will be laughing about our time in League 1. All those hilariously incompetent refereeing decisions - the pitch at Tranmere - having shorter seasons because some of the Clubs in the league crashed out of existence - treating Wycombe Wanderers as our bogey team - turning up with more supporters than Accrington Stanley had home fans.

Oh yes in the future I think that our days in League One will be such a source of endless stories of hilarity and mirth that we are bound to grab one or two players from the League.

God I can't wait for such fond recollections as 'Remember when we had to call off the Shrewsbury match to stop everyone dying of the Corona Virus?'

Depends if we're owned by pound land or harrods

Do we?

Also, one or two, every season, in the whole season and a half we've been in this mess?

might work,might not,i remember Quinn saying the club had "identified " several players who they thought could make the step up,think we signed 3 of them,(halford being the only name i can remember)none of them could handle it

Back