Imran Khan sentenced to 10 years in jail

Deserving or not? Don't know much about it but I just automatically think it's wrong because he's a cricketer and I quite like him
Absolutely not deserving. I don't want to get into the nitty gritty politics but that country deserves the corrupt fuckers that run it now.

So he got ousted initially as the prime minister because the opposition leader accused him of corruption (backed by the States). What's ironic is the person doing the accusing has actually siphoned millions/billions from the national purse when he was in power. Has a property portfolio that would make any Russian oligarch blush. Irony is lost on them. Khan comes from a rich family to begin with and didn't need the cash in the first place.

So he was impeached against the wishes of the most of the populace, but his popularity meant that he was miles ahead of the people that outed him. Come next election he was going to be prime minister again.

Now they are f***ing him over with some bollocks about being a traitor to the country because he said he had hard intelligence that a 'foreign' government (USA) was behind his impeachment, and was willing to release it to the public.

He should just leave them to it, before he gets knocked off. Many prime ministers had been assassinated for a lot less.

I apologise, I said I wasn't going to get political and I did.
Deserving or not? Don't know much about it but I just automatically think it's wrong because he's a cricketer and I quite like him
You're not wrong mate. The lad just wants the best for his country.

The masses over there have been controlled by corruption for so long that they can't even recognise a genuine bonafide patriot when they see one. Nawaz sharif, Zadari et al have all been done for siphoning money from the coffers and that Zadari was 100% involved in getting his wife (Bhutto) killed. And yet they and their families are still in charge of the whole shebang.

That's what the USA are accused of doing. Propping up corrupt politicians in developing countries so that they can control them easier.

Modus operandi of the CIA all over the world.

Imran khan's problems with the U.S started when he refused to cut short a visit to Moscow when the Ukraine conflict started. He shoulda just listened, he'd still be in charge now.

Last edited:

I'd say so. The military call the shots in Pakistan once you fall out with them you're finished.

Alot of people didn't like his foreign policy of brown nosing everyone, he claimed to be unaware of Muslim genocide in China, called Bin Laden a matyr, didn't even bother regarding Kashmir, had a meeting with Putin literally 2 hours after Russian tanks strolled in from Belarus and domestically they were known as Tahreek Taliban for how lenient they were against Taliban, For a nuclear nation its a very weak stance to take.

The military were still in favour of Khan on the day of the no motion confidence vote, which he very narrowly lost, and then pinned the blame on the Military which basically caused the biggest of upsets.

I'd say so. The military call the shots in Pakistan once you fall out with them you're finished.

Alot of people didn't like his foreign policy of brown nosing everyone, he claimed to be unaware of Muslim genocide in China, called Bin Laden a matyr, didn't even bother regarding Kashmir, had a meeting with Putin literally 2 hours after Russian tanks strolled in from Belarus and domestically they were known as Tahreek Taliban for how lenient they were against Taliban, For a nuclear nation its a very weak stance to take.

The military were still in favour of Khan on the day of the no motion confidence vote, which he very narrowly lost, and then pinned the blame on the Military which basically caused the biggest of upsets.
We're going to have to agree to disagree marra, and I'll leave it there.

Was watching an episode of Inspector Linley on uk drama and they had footage of Imran running in and then an actor hitting a cut for four

utterly irrevalent and I apologise

Back