Imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivet Catcher

Central Defender
You were Mr Grigg watching STID2. Mr Ross obvs didn’t want him and the pressure on his shoulders must have been massive. He was a massive let down but perhaps in hindsight we should cut him some slack? BTW Mr Donald meant well but was let down by Del Boy and uncle Albert (Hill)

Watched the season yesterday / last night. Donald should have left it alone. He sort advice from his manager then ignored it totally.
Didn't stick to what he knows and came unstuck. Hopefully lesson learnt.

Eh pressure ??? He’s an international footballer who in his interview when signing said “ I don’t mind the transfer fee. I seem to raise my game when the crowds are bigger and games are more important”
He then went on to start badly and completely crumble because he couldn’t handle any pressure. I would accept it if his attitude was to then go on and run himself ragged and put himself about making things hard for defenders to show he cared. he didn’t.
when chancss were created for him hewould’ve been forgiven for sticking them away. He didn’t. He missed loads of good chances.
he’s Shite and should be remembered for being shite with a shite attitude.
mid I was him watching stid I’d be ashamed of myself. I’d think that bloke went out on a limb to sign me and I let him down.
he should be doing everything he can to get as fit as he’s ever been ready to start up again once this shite disease fucks off. Come back in tip top shape. If I was a betting man I know what I’d put my money in him doing though.

Watched the season yesterday / last night. Donald should have left it alone. He sort advice from his manager then ignored it totally.
Didn't stick to what he knows and came unstuck. Hopefully lesson learnt.
That’s a different argument though. You r correct. Clearly Donald should’ve listened to everyone who told him not to sign him

I wouldn't say Ross didn't want him, he just thought (like most of us let's be honest) that he (as a league 1 striker) wasn't worth anymore that £1.25m

In hindsight yes, but no striker signing would also have been disastrous.
That’s true but watching that documentary Donald knew well before January that maja and his agent were taking the piss.
imo they should’ve said contract talks are on track and if it doesn’t get done now we’ll wait till the summer. While still trying to sign a striker.
worst case scenario there is we don’t sign someone but maja sulks for a bit and leaves on a free at the end of the season.
Best case. We sign someone without getting fuckin ripped to shreds and maja sees us promoted and changes his mind ! It’s not like we got a fortune for selling him.

It becomes clear that Ross didn’t want him by substituting him at every opportunity, perhaps he was a pawn in a chess game between himself and the owners? Just a thought

In hindsight yes, but no striker signing would also have been disastrous.

True. Obviously non SAFC supporters see, and understand, far less than you do. Having watched the series losing Maja was a disaster however, and i do realise creative editing can tell many versions of a story, it was far from a shock. Finding yourselves overpaying with a hour left is just bad planning. Perhaps he had tried to sign a dozen others in the lead up. If not the abscence of a Plan B is pretty poor.
Hearing the figures regarding a wage bill of 1 Million a week really did shock me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back