I'm obsessed with XG

Status
Not open for further replies.

so with us now do they not just expect the unexpected?
No I've just been delving into it it goes on what sort of chance we have and score from. So a shot from 6 yards has a higher xg value than a shot from 18. Say a shot from inside 6 yards was given an 0.91xg then it would be expected to be scored 91% of the time while a shot from outside the box could be given as an 0.24xg chance. Given that we've scored very few tap ins and a fair few from outside the box means we're ahead of xg

Last edited:
It’s the new in thing. Expected goals which count more than our actual goals (second in the league) and conceded goals (best in the league)

You disregard reality of those as it’s expected that Barnsley are the best team in the league

No I've just been delving into it it goes on what sort of chance we have and score from. So a shot from 6 yards has a higher xg value than a shot from 18. Say a shot from inside 6 yards was given an 0.91xg then it would be expected to be scored 91% of the time while a shot from outside the box could be given as an 0.24xg chance. Given that we've scored very few tap ins and a fair few from outside the box means we're ahead of xg

What a load of shite. Who determines these values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back