If you see money lying in the street

Me and a mate were walking to school when we came across pound coins all over the footpath, we got about £50 each if memory serves me right. There was no-one around, no houses or shops or anything like that, just a random footpath. We lived like kings from the school tuck shop for a month. Easily one of the best days of my school life!

any normal amount - morally you've got to keep. imagine going up to someone and asking "is this your tenner?" Besides which most people will have given more away, charridy, homeless etc.
large amount - you've got to donate to 5-O's christmas party, hand in.

I always pick money up. Just a bit of a mild superstition , you should never walk past free money or 'the fates' will think you don't want it. 😄

I was outside Tesco's yesterday and there was a woman distraught and sobbing uncontrollably because she'd lost her holiday money.

Out the goodness of my heart I gave her £50 to help her out. I thought this was only fair to share my good fortune as only just 5 minutes previously I'd found £2,000 in the car park.

I was playing the fruit machines at a service station and went to get change. The bloke behind me must've cashed in as there was 80 quid in notes in the machine that he didn't know about. Sometimes I wish I didn't have a conscious as he wouldn't have missed it

My mam was cashing in some money at the PostOffice and when the cashier opened that sliding security draw, there were several £1k bundles left in there. She is a very honest person and wouldn’t take a penny from anyone.

She informed the cashier and they said in response, “Well, it must be yours”!!!

I found a bank card, in Asda car park this morning.
I did the proper thing, and handed it in to customer services, and then made arrangements, for card to be returned to the cardholder. 👍

Actually, the funfair I mentioned earlier, when I was there last year, I found a tenner in the Fun House, or whatever it's called. I mentioned it to the wife when I got out (delighted with myself) & she said that there was a bloke who came out before me, who had obviously lost money, as she noticed him looking around for something. We had a quick look around, she couldn't see him, so we spent it.

I really should go to that funfair more often.

Nowt worse than losing your wallet. I rarely carry a lot of cash anyway but it’s the inconvenience of having to cancel all your cards, having to wait for new ones, setting up new PIN numbers, etc. I must have lost 3 wallets over the years compete with bank cards, driving license, etc and not once has anyone who’s found them made an effort to return them to me. Bastards!

Got a wallet in the drawer but never take anything out with me apart from the bank card if spending more than contactless limit. Driving licence is a rarity. Don't get blokes who carry walleta in their jeans pockets, stuffed with cards etc. Who needs all that?

Kick it first to make sure it’s not glued down and you’re on candid camera

I haven't read the whole thread so apologies if SEB, but the joke shop in Newcastle had a coin securely stuck to the ground outside the shop for years, with hilarious results.
Last week I was waiting for my train at the station and I watched a fiver blow out of a lad’s pocket as he walked down the platform towards the loo so I picked it up and waited till he’d come out the toilet back out onto the platform and handed it to him.

I assume most people would do the same?

Should have followed him into the bog waving the fiver at him.

Last edited:
Found £60 outside my dads neighbours house the other day. Given the neighbour is a really decent bloke I knocked on his door and his wife gratefully took it saying "she knew she had lost it somewhere". Thanked me

Went to see my dad and about an hour later, and unprovoked, he mentioned he lost £40 that afternoon

I'm pocketing any money I find now.

The more I find the more likely I would be to hand it back. $10 wouldn’t be a big deal to my moral compass. But $100 would bother me so much

Back