If we are ever going to go with 2 spinners its now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most were advocating dropping a batsman for a batsman who can bowl (Patel/Bopara).

Without Bresnan it was never going to be anywhere near feasible to play with 5 front line batsmen and Prior.

Not sure they were mate. I for one wanted two spinners (no matter what) and was willing to have a compromise with the two seamers and two spinners route.

Not sure they were mate. I for one wanted two spinners (no matter what) and was willing to have a compromise with the two seamers and two spinners route.

I think overall it was the right way to go as the 2 seamers bowled very well and the spinners were as dangerous as we would have hoped, you can't legislate for poor batting performances like that.

I think overall it was the right way to go as the 2 seamers bowled very well and the spinners were as dangerous as we would have hoped, you can't legislate for poor batting performances like that.
After watching the bowlers over the last few days it was definitely the right way to go, I wanted Finn in the side instead of Panesar but two spinners was the right call.

They bowled superbly well as a unit over the 4 days, it's just a shame the batsmen let them down in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back