If the women’s team got to the cup final

Possibly, but we watch them quite a bit anyway.

If we'd managed to get Watford tickets we'd have gone to the lasses the day after at Palace.

The Palace game could end up being almost as important as a cup final anyway, and we're not going to that - which is why I've gone possibly rather than probably.

People too afraid to say it how it is, the women’s team winning anything wether it be league or fa cup is completely irrelevant to those who’ve supported Sunderland AFC for a lifetime.
It would be like having tears of joy over an u18 England team winning a World Cup in your lifetime whilst the national team never has.

Plenty saying they won't go and don't know much about them etc.. Like it or not, the women's game is picking up a lot of popularity.

Sadly the women's game saw how mens football was ruined by money and instead of learning the lessons just copied it. To the point of it being the same teams that have a chance of winning things (ie Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea). It's a disgrace
They purposely went put of their way to try and make it a carbon copy of the mens game with the usual clubs favoured. Clubs that had been around in the women's game for ages, Sunderland, Doncaster etc, were shat on by the women's FA, and newly formed clubs like ManU were given a helping hand.
Any team that wasn't heavily funded were told to F off by the Women's FA and taken out and put in lower leagues.

I hope the whole thing implodes the corrupt bastards.

Also shocking that none of the ex Sunderland lasses that made it (and then had to leave due to Women's FA prejudice against Sunderland), spoke out. They could have easily called out the FA and their snide goings ons.

They purposely went put of their way to try and make it a carbon copy of the mens game with the usual clubs favoured. Clubs that had been around in the women's game for ages, Sunderland, Doncaster etc, were shat on by the women's FA, and newly formed clubs like ManU were given a helping hand.
Any team that wasn't heavily funded were told to F off by the Women's FA and taken out and put in lower leagues.

Also shocking that none of the ex Sunderland lasses that made it (and then had to leave due to Women's FA prejudice against Sunderland), spoke out. They could have easily called out the FA and their snide goings ons.
Yep, it was and is a massive disgrace. It's like the mens team releasing Luton and Bournemouth to league one and promoting us and Derby to the premier league. Ignore sporting integrity.

Put me off womens football

I'd be very tempted to go to Wembley if they ever got there to be honest.
I loved my last day out at Wembley. My Dad hasn't been to the new Wembley so I might see if he fancied going.

Aye. I mean, I get it, they see the money in the men's game and want a piece of the action, which is understandable. But personally I just see it as an opportunity missed. It could have been a real alternative to the men's game. Set up on genuine sporting merit. People frustrated with the way the men's game is going could have the women's game as an alternative.

Instead it's just teams that are an extension of the men's team, using their facilities, and getting all of the benefits of financial backing, ran by a group that just want the "biggest" clubs involved. To me that's made it just a "lite" version of the money orientated men's game and I don't have time to watch all the same stuff that I watch in men's football (safc, England, premier league, champions league, other European games etc) replicated in the lasses

Last edited:
Yep, it was and is a massive disgrace. It's like the mens team releasing Luton and Bournemouth to league one and promoting us and Derby to the premier league. Ignore sporting integrity.

Put me off womens football
It's daft, and not enough people have spoken out against this aspect.
Rather than allow women's football to exist in it's own right, with it's own interesting differences and dynamics, they forcibly manufactured a carbon copy of the mens game. Just seems pointless.
Why would you want to watch the same thing, but an inferior product with no history. This is why they have to force it down your neck.

Last edited:
Same. No idea who any of the players are such is my lack of interest.

It would be a good day out for the people who support them and I'd still prefer them to win as they are associated with Sunderland.

There was a vote for player of the year link the other day. When you submitted mens player choice it defaulted to the ladies. I thought I had to choose a women for my mens submission to go through. Did not recognise one name so chose the first one.
I think the first one might be player of the season.
Plenty saying they won't go and don't know much about them etc.. Like it or not, the women's game is picking up a lot of popularity.

With those it’s popular with, which is good, but it’s largely a different market

Last edited:

Back