If Michael Carrick was our manager for the same amount of time he's been at Boro

Our daft fans would of called for his head months ago , loads of our fans wanted Mowbray gone man 😂
Which is understandable looking at the performances consistently being turned in, stoke away, plymouth away, failing to breakdown 10 man swansea away, getting blown away when down a man at home to boro, huddersfield at home, milwall away rank. Throwing on 5 subs on the 60 min mark every game hoping that the ball will ping to one of the hundred bodies we had cluttered around teams' already deep low block with 0 evidence of any plan B or other approach to get a result when a game wasn't going our way.

I don't think its fair at all to call 'our daft fans' that because a large section of the fan base seen it was time for Tony to move on and he'd taken us probably around as far as he could. Not one single fan who sat in that camp could of imagined or have wanted Beale to be the replacement for the next step in our progression but you can't re-write history before Beales appointment

Which is understandable looking at the performances consistently being turned in, stoke away, plymouth away, failing to breakdown 10 man swansea away, getting blown away when down a man at home to boro, huddersfield at home, milwall away rank. Throwing on 5 subs on the 60 min mark every game hoping that the ball will ping to one of the hundred bodies we had cluttered around teams' already deep low block with 0 evidence of any plan B or other approach to get a result when a game wasn't going our way.

I don't think its fair at all to call 'our daft fans' that because a large section of the fan base seen it was time for Tony to move on and he'd taken us probably around as far as he could. Not one single fan who sat in that camp could of imagined or have wanted Beale to be the replacement for the next step in our progression but you can't re-write history before Beales appointment
The grass isn’t always greener , Tony was our best option imho , we were 6th in the table iirc , in our second season back in the division.
Add to the fact of the shit show behind the scenes , fans need to be realistic .

Before he was even announced his live and kicking 1995 appearance clad in mags clobber and the family home being a shrine to keegan and the mags would have meant he’d be in a similar situation to Beale

Read something the other day he has over 50% win ratio. Which in all fairness is decent for any manager with so little experience. We have many managers like moyes with abhorrent win ratios lmao
If Carrick becomes half the manager Moyes has been he’s done well

The grass isn’t always greener , Tony was our best option imho , we were 6th in the table iirc , in our second season back in the division.
Add to the fact of the shit show behind the scenes , fans need to be realistic .
He wasn't sacked because of the fans. He was sacked because Speakman has a massive ego.

Yes there were vocal Mogga out people on here, but I never got the sense he was widely hated. Loads of people were gutted when he left.

People overestimate the influence of this forum

He wasn't sacked because of the fans. He was sacked because Speakman has a massive ego.

Yes there were vocal Mogga out people on here, but I never got the sense he was widely hated. Loads of people were gutted when he left.

People overestimate the influence of this forum
I didn’t say he was sacked because of the fans , I know he wasn’t , but I still can’t understand why there were so many people who wanted him out on here , truly baffling

Ok take that out and they are still third when he got sacked. I’ve been trying to find out his old firm record but can’t seem to find it.
He has one of Rangers' highest ever win percentages. Couldn't beat Celtic though so that's enough to get the sack up there.

Back