If (hah) we don't go up - who do we want down from PL and up out of Champ?

Makes no odds who comes down they’ll still have a big wedge of cash to survive a season or two with the stronger squads to maybe get promoted again.
The madness of football atm
Yet Ipswich have given it a good go this season, straight from League 1.

As others have pointed out we won’t be attempting it anytime soon under the current set up.

Doesn’t matter we’ll not be challenging next season. I would imagine Burnley and whoever else comes down with them (not sheff utd)
Probably a surprise like Ipswich have been ?
Not us that’s for sure

As others have pointed out we won’t be attempting it anytime soon under the current set up.
I believe this is year 3 of the 5 year plan, so only next season to get out the way and a promotion season beckons

Kld just didn’t want to push the money in that is allowable, so we are on the sustainability train, I guess we will see how that works out come year 5 of the plan, although I’ve no idea how long left in the plan or if it’s been reset again since beale. It’s not like teams can choose which year they want to get promoted, come year 5 it may well be the likes of Leicester, Leeds etc are back in the championship so plans go to shit when the time comes

Last edited:
Don't assume Burnley are going to be anything like the dominant team they were last season. They'd had a significant number of high value players that they dumped on relegation. That allowed them to play the field last season with transfers. This time around, they're not in the same position so they'll have to rely on parachute payments far more to cover wages of those players they do still have.

Sheff Utd have bought poorly so they too will have high wages and not much quality to sell and protect their parachute payment usage.

And I fully expect Forest to drop. And we've all seen how they chose to stay up 2 seasons ago. 50+ players bought and still struggling. They come down, they are falling straight through.

Next season will be far more open for the top 10 places.

We could possibly have a weaker squad than we have now. If so, the competition for promotion and playoffs could exclude us.
There's no " possibly " about it, it's a bloody certainty mate, and Speakman's record of even identifying which positions need attention has already proved hopeless, why do you think things will change ? FTM

There's no " possibly " about it, it's a bloody certainty mate, and Speakman's record of even identifying which positions need attention has already proved hopeless, why do you think things will change ? FTM
I was probably being overly diplomatic/optimistic to be fair (I know.. there's no "probably" about it 😆)

Back