If Guardiola wanted the job

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't think anybody expects that. They just dont want not to always be in the bottom three.

We are going through a transition in terms of players and the way the team plays. There is going to be worrying moments, but I have seen enough in the style of play that GP is trying to implement, that long term we'll be fine and better for it. The patience of some fans (particularly on here) needs to improve.

Pointless thread imo.

Apart from the reality that Guardiola wud never come here, it is not just the Manager that is the problem!

We wud need funds (I bet Guardiola wud demand assurances on a massive transfer kitty) to build a good team.

I am not advocating getting rid of Short or Gus. Instead we need to get behind Gus and the team and try to stop leaking comedy goals and get some points chalked up. Changing the Manager and team as often as we have, is living proof that this simply does not work!

Short releasing a healthy amount of money (£25 million, for arguments sake) next January, to keep us up AND then giving us even more money in the summer of 2015 is imo, the route to getting us back on the road to mid table consistency.

I accept that no SAFC Chairperson is ever going to give us Abramovich type money (especially, now we have fair financial play to contend with), so it is unlikely we will ever get into the top seven of the Premier League. So, I wud settle for mid table mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back