If England dont win the Euros

Exactly, in Englands case it’s winning competitions.
You didn’t state that, just that success was winning things. For a nation who’s only ever won 1 trophy I would say getting to the final 4 years ago was a successful tournament. We’ve always thought we were better than we are.

I think our forward players are really exciting ...Kane,Saka,Foden,Grealish and of course Bellingham have the goal threat to beat anyone,however our defence worries me,especially Maguire....If I were foreign coaches I would target him,especially on the turn.Because of this defensive weakness,we will continue being the nearly men,unfortunately.

I think our forward players are really exciting ...Kane,Saka,Foden,Grealish and of course Bellingham have the goal threat to beat anyone,however our defence worries me,especially Maguire....If I were foreign coaches I would target him,especially on the turn.Because of this defensive weakness,we will continue being the nearly men,unfortunately.
I agree and I think Southgate realises this, hence why he nearly always sets up with protection for his back four or five. Our first choice back four probably has just about enough to cope, mainly through experience, but once you start replacing them it gets a bit ropey.

Truth is though, certainly at centre half, there’s nobody pushing Stones and Maguire hard enough to warrant making a change. I’ve heard all sorts of names put forward; Tomori, Dunk, Colwill, even Craig Dawson (because his stats were good :oops: ), but truth be told nobody is really good enough. Hopefully with the emergence of Branthwaite and perhaps Konsa we finally have some genuine competition at centre half going forward.

You didn’t state that, just that success was winning things. For a nation who’s only ever won 1 trophy I would say getting to the final 4 years ago was a successful tournament. We’ve always thought we were better than we are.
No, we are always amongst the favourites for World Cups and Euro Championships.

Success for England is winning competitions. Coming second third etc means nothing.

I think Jude is good enough now to compensate for Southgate

The kids the real deal now

All we can hope for is that we do win it and Southgate goes to united

No, we are always amongst the favourites for World Cups and Euro Championships.

Success for England is winning competitions. Coming second third etc means nothing.
Amongst the favourites yes, favourites no. In other words were expected to do well but not expected to win tournaments, otherwise we’d be favourites. Getting to a major final when you’ve only been to 1 in 100 years is classed as a success.

As you say, they haven't recovers since that defeat against N Macedonia, so in that respect, don't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as Germany, France, Spain & Holland.

Germany have won 4 games since the world cup, sacking their most successful Manager domestically of all time in the process so I'm confused how you can put Germany in contention but not Italy

I respect people aren't into International football as other nations but Germany's struggles have been well documented tbh. The most successful German manager ever domestically being the first ever person to be sacked from the German International job.
Ironically he was assistant manager when they won the 2014 world cup.

Germany have won 4 games since the world cup, sacking their most successful Manager domestically of all time in the process so I'm confused how you can put Germany in contention but not Italy

I respect people aren't into International football as other nations but Germany's struggles have been well documented tbh. The most successful German manager ever domestically being the first ever person to be sacked from the German International job.
I didn't, but I would say they have a better chance than Italy

Germany will win the Euros.

Back