ID Mobile?

Smiler

Striker
Anyone using these? Thinking of switching over when my contract ends the end of Feb as it's way cheaper than everyone else. Think they piggy back on the 3 Network don't they which I'm currently on as it's the best reception where I live?

Anyone using these? Thinking of switching over when my contract ends the end of Feb as it's way cheaper than everyone else. Think they piggy back on the 3 Network don't they which I'm currently on as it's the best reception where I live?
Try Smarty matey, spot on for me SR5 and I travel all over

I'm with ID and they're just like any other small mobile company. If you get decent coverage on the three network they're fine

If WiFi calling is important to you, make sure you have an approved handset from the list, here. (It's very useful if you're in a patchy signal area)

I pay £8 a month for unlimited calls and 30GB which I can use in Europe as well, like has been mentioned the signal at times can be a bit hit and miss but overall can't complain.

Yes, signal is absolutely shite in a lot of places as they use the Three network, moving away soon, probably back to O2.

I've never had any issues on 3, travel to the lakes fairly often and to various cities now and again and never thought I wish I was on something else which is why I was looking at ID
What do you call cheap? Depends what you need I suppose.
Check your coverage, I'm with lebara, 99p for the first 6 months you just move again in month 5.

Nothing showing on their site for 6 months and the deals I could see cost more than ID
Try Smarty matey, spot on for me SR5 and I travel all over

They run the same as ID on the back of 3, look fairly similarly priced
I'm with ID and they're just like any other small mobile company. If you get decent coverage on the three network they're fine

If WiFi calling is important to you, make sure you have an approved handset from the list, here. (It's very useful if you're in a patchy signal area)

I've got a S22 Ultra so will be fine. Nothing out new that interests me to get rid and upgrade which is why I'm after SIM only for a while

Last edited:
They use Three's network so it depends on what coverage you get from Three.

I would ignore the coverage checkers as they aren't very accurate, the best thing is to get one of those £1 burner sim cards you see everywhere and see what sort of signal you get. I struggle to get anything more than 3G with anyone other than EE.

If you get a good signal though then ID are fine. They're ran by the Carphone Warehouse iirc.

They use Three's network so it depends on what coverage you get from Three.

I would ignore the coverage checkers as they aren't very accurate, the best thing is to get one of those £1 burner sim cards you see everywhere and see what sort of signal you get. I struggle to get anything more than 3G with anyone other than EE.

If you get a good signal though then ID are fine. They're ran by the Carphone Warehouse iirc.

3 is the only network I get 5g in my home which is handy when out in the garden out of reach of the shit router I've got (Virgin). I get it at work as well

i have been with ID for about 3 months now. I was with plusnet, but i was getting messages from them, that they were closing down and i needed to find another provider. they have teamed up with EE and were pushing EE as a new provider, but they were just too expensive

so i chose ID, its £8 a month for unlimited calls, texts, and 50GB data a month. on a monthly rolling contract.

all seems ok so far, i haven't noticed much difference in 4G coverage between plusnet (EE) and 3

slight criticism is that there is no number to call customer support, everything is done through chat. I'd rather speak to a person if i have a problem, however, when i was switching over, the chat was quick and ok

Used them years ago with no issues. Only swapped due to the 3 signal being poor in the new offices our work moved us to.

Back