IBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Safcpeterlee81

painfull bloating not stopped fating and belching all night is that IBS or what

I don't think that's ibs, well I've got it and I dont' do that, have you been to the doctors for a blood test?

I don't think that's ibs, well I've got it and I dont' do that, have you been to the doctors for a blood test?

Blood tests all clear....Colonoscopy all clear as i also get constipation....the next test is to swallow some chalk like thing and they will take loads of x-rays...been tested for chrons etc etc

Blood tests all clear....Colonoscopy all clear as i also get constipation....the next test is to swallow some chalk like thing and they will take loads of x-rays...been tested for chrons etc etc
Ah with IBS they don't find anything in the bloodtest I had 3 within 18 months and when they all came back clear they said I hads IBS and gave me some pills which help

Ah with IBS they don't find anything in the bloodtest I had 3 within 18 months and when they all came back clear they said I hads IBS and gave me some pills which help

are u on mevevrebine

are u on mevevrebine

I used to be on that. Keep a diary and write down everything you eat and drink, your emotional state and how the symptoms are. After a while, you should be able to find a pattern and work out what foods cause it and if your mood sets it off. Stress and worry is a trigger for me as well as some foods.

I used to be on that. Keep a diary and write down everything you eat and drink, your emotional state and how the symptoms are. After a while, you should be able to find a pattern and work out what foods cause it and if your mood sets it off. Stress and worry is a trigger for me as well as some foods.

Definatly BREAD, cURRY AND ALCHOHOL

No I'm on Loperamide

How much do you take mate? I was on that from one GP, then another took me off it as he said long term it wasn't doing me much good. I have mebeverine now and occasionally peppermint oil (colpermin) and only when I am bad but have something I can't miss do I take loperamide now.

How much do you take mate? I was on that from one GP, then another took me off it as he said long term it wasn't doing me much good. I have mebeverine now and occasionally peppermint oil (colpermin) and only when I am bad but have something I can't miss do I take loperamide now.
I take 3 a day, one at breakfast, one at lunchtime and then one at tea time

painfull bloating not stopped fating and belching all night is that IBS or what

I have the belching but it may also be due to acid reflux. Basically my digestive system is fucked so I have the full acid reflux & ibs combo. It's great. :confused:

I take 3 a day, one at breakfast, one at lunchtime and then one at tea time

Does that sort you out then? Have you been on that dose for a long while?

I have the belching but it may also be due to acid reflux. Basically my digestive system is fucked so I have the full acid reflux & ibs combo. It's great. :confused:

Does that sort you out then? Have you been on that dose for a long while?
It does help at times, my stomach is so bad it just calms it. I've missed quite a lot of college because of it actually as well as other health problems.

Loperamide is the generic form of Immodium. I got told you're not supposed to take that long term. Have you done the food diary @Dredd to see if you can work out what sets it off?

Peppermint oil is good as well. It's cheaper buying the capsules from a health shop than buying Colpermin from the chemist.

2 of those are my favorite things in life though

It's up to you. Eat them and be bad or avoid them and stay well.

It does help at times, my stomach is so bad it just calms it. I've missed quite a lot of college because of it actually as well as other health problems.

I hear you mate. Its one of those things you have to learn to live with. It took me a lot of years to get to grips with but I still worry about it affecting me at the most inappropriate times. Have you had tests to rule out things other than IBS and have you ever been offered mebeverine or peppermint oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back