Ian Wright - Desert Island Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

This isn't for Pure Football, but, anyway. Yesterday morning I listened to Wrighty's Desert Island Discs, plus a really good [short] 6 Music mix that an [oldish] hip-hop bloke [Edan] did last week for them. Then Tom Robinson's show which played in in the space of half an hour or so some Ivor Cutler, French 60s yé-yé, EBTG/Todd Terry's Missing and a track by a young Shropshire folk singer. That's just one morning.

It costs me £154.50 for this plus all the TV I could ever want, brilliant sports coverage, podcasts, you name it. There are loads of educational things for my kids too. Plus BBC News. A subscription to Murdoch's The Times cost over £300 a year. And you wonder why it's that w***er's papers and his mates/people he pays off in the government who are going after the BBC?

He’s not the most insightful pundit on the telly, but he’s undoubtedly a top bloke and incredibly passionate about the game. That’s possibly the best Desert Island Discs session that I’ve listened to.

Reactions: Boo
He’s not the most insightful pundit on the telly, but he’s undoubtedly a top bloke and incredibly passionate about the game. That’s possibly the best Desert Island Discs session that I’ve listened to.

Oooh David Nott (Surgeon) or John Cooper Clarke (poet) take some beating for best ever!

Just my opinion but I have a feeling the OP might be slightly more emotional than you. It's just a guess though based on everyone being different.
It's just ridiculous, grit in my eye, early hayfever, fuck off man. It's all just an internet contest to be the most emotional, the most affected by stuff, load of bollocks

Ooohhh you're sooo hard!
Cheers mate
Grrrr proper gadgie you
What really pissed me of recently was that tennis player griogos or whatever his name was, when he came out pretending to cry, not a f***ing tear in his eye, pulling daft faces to look like he was crying. I've got no problem with real emotion, it's when people do all the fake shit on the internet, like the grit in eye bollocks

Last edited:
it's when people do all the fake shit on the internet, like the grit in eye bollocks
Did you listen to radio show?

If you had no empathy for him and what he went through as child then you are must have some issues mate.

Turned it off before the end of the intro cos she sounds like a generic, middle-off-the-road, thatcher inspired, media trained, accent-tempered, production line, almost middle england shadow of her former self. Nee rough edges there.

I presume all the people crying are upset by the weird voice LL had now she's on R4.
I think she has a lovely voice! Her accent now is probably closer to her real one, she had quite a middle class upbringing. I guess she exaggerated her accent when she was on "yoof" TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back