I think you will miss the lower leagues.

I won't miss the level of officiating if we go up or the shithousery of other teams players.

Gonna chuck it out there that it was f***ing class last night when our lot finally returned the compliment..Watching the Pompey fans kicking off at the fact that after a whole season our players finally got wise and did to them what they did to us in the league game a month ago was superb.

Its been a class season, two trips to wembley, massive away followings and plenty of wins.....Been the perfect tonic to two horrible relegations and 5 awful years. Hope its over next weekend but honestly loved this season and particularly the lads who have turned out for us. After years of mercenary shit bags they have been a class apart.
Great post.

I will never slag these lads off for lack of effort. That is why we have had so many draws this season, as they have shown great character to grind out a point when we looked beaten.

Even in a disaster of a game against Coventry, they battled hard to nearly get a point.

Really hope the players and fans get their reward next weekend with promotion, even though it means a lot of them will never play for us again.

Last edited:
if we do go up mate, and don't spend heavily, we'll soon be back down again. We only have 1 good player, and he's Injured

Think that is selling many of them very short mind......Honeyman gets vilified but got 8 goals in Champs in a shit side, Gooch did well in Champs, Catts is a Championship midfielder, McLoughlin is a Championship keeper, Leadbitter has never played outside the Champs and still capable. 09 more than capable, Oviedo a Champs full back.......We will be fine if we go up, as good as the last 3 who went up and only one of them came down.

Great post.

I will never slag these lads off for lack of effort. That is why we have had so many draws this season, as they have shown great character to grind out a point when we looked beaten.

Even in a disaster of a game against Coventry, they battled hard to nearly get a point.

Really hope the players and fans get their reward next weekend with promition, even though it means a lot of them will never play for us again.

100% mate, they arent the most talented but feck me they dont know when they are beaten and the character they showed in these play offs has been another level, especially with McGeady missing..........One more game and they can achieve something that will live with them forever and even in league 1 I suspect they will go down in history as the players that helped turn this club around when it seemed in terminal decline. Honestly look round that squad and there is not one player I dont like, cant remember the last time that happened. Last season it was easier to name the ones you didnt hate.

Last edited:
Think that is selling many of them very short mind......Honeyman gets vilified but got 8 goals in Champs in a shit side, Gooch did well in Champs, Catts is a Championship midfielder, McLoughlin is a Championship keeper, Leadbitter has never played outside the Champs and still capable. 09 more than capable, Oviedo a Champs full back.......We will be fine if we go up, as good as the last 3 who went up and only one of them came down.

100% mate, they arent the most talented but feck me they dont know when they are beaten and the character they showed in these play offs has been another level, especially with McGeady missing..........One more game and they can achieve something that will live with them forever and even in league 1 I suspect they will go down in history as the players that helped turn this club around when it seemed in terminal decline. Honestly look round that squad and there is not one player I dont like, cant remember the last time that happened. Last season it was easier to name the ones you didnt hate.
To be fair, our midfielders are probably better suited to the championship. However, the defence and attack needs serious investment.

Our strikers are shit and so are our defenders. Our only decent players are the GK, McGeady, Maguire & Morgan and Morgan isn't even ours. Take your red and white tinted glasses off man. This squad would come straight back down ffs

Our strikers are shit and so are our defenders. Our only decent players are the GK, McGeady, Maguire & Morgan and Morgan isn't even ours. Take your red and white tinted glasses off man. This squad would come straight back down ffs

Would it fuck, this squad would be a mid table Championship team, get your black and white specs off. Thankfully the owners are lining up more investment and clearly understand we need to improve.....To not include 09, Catts and Leadbitter in that retained list is laughable.

We'll certainly not miss the referees in League 1 if we get promoted. Neither will we miss scummy, cheating Portsmouth and some of their appalling fans.

It is what it is
We could be back in this shit league with the horrendous officials or we could be on the road back to where the club belongs
Either way we will go , be positive & back the Lads to the hilt
The rest is in the lap of the gods

It is what it is
We could be back in this shit league with the horrendous officials or we could be on the road back to where the club belongs
Either way we will go , be positive & back the Lads to the hilt
The rest is in the lap of the gods

Truth^

You’ve made some friends for sure.
Best wishes and see you soon. X
I remember when Klinsmann first came to Spurs and the country was appalled by his gamesmanship / cheating and the common opinion was it was a continental disease below us fair minded Brits. Well I tell you now unequivocally I have never seen a season like this where there have been so many diving, play-acting, time-wasting, niggly and all round cheating shitbags as there has been in this league. How many games have finished after 5 o’clock ffs! So no, I won’t miss it if we go up, which we won’t, obviously

Incorrect

Would it fuck, this squad would be a mid table Championship team, get your black and white specs off. Thankfully the owners are lining up more investment and clearly understand we need to improve.....To not include 09, Catts and Leadbitter in that retained list is laughable.
stay off the f***ing drugs man. Cattermole was awful last season and O'9 is unknown at that level. Leadbitter is also open to debate. Mid table my f***ing arse look how Rotherham & Wigan have struggled. Hopefully the new investors invest if we do get past Charlton otherwise thousands of us will be disappointed once again

Back