I preffered teams "parking the bus"

gards2

Striker
against us at home rather than this "push them back" strategy ol chap.

We couldn't score but, a clean sheet was acceptable

what what

They know they don’t need tobe afraid od us anyore. So they attack,it’s easy enough and we can’t keep clean sheets.our llack of strikers means there is not too much to troubbe them at the back and these are bottom teams we are takling about. It is a while since since they talked about stats, it is COST, MTHAT SEEM TO BE THECRITERIA for bringing in players now.The plan appears to have been quietly ditched. It seems to be cost now. Nothing bhanges how low can we go.

Last edited:
It isn’t about teams attacking us that is the problem, it’s teams with a high press we struggle with. If you noticed when Swansea were out of possession they pushed their defence right up to the half way line and compressed the space we had to play in and closed us down aggressively. First half we had no answer to it although we coped better second half.

It was the same tactic teams employed against us last season when we played without a striker. They know we have no outlet up front and have to play out from the back. We struggled with it then and haven’t learned any lessons since.

It isn’t about teams attacking us that is the problem, it’s teams with a high press we struggle with. If you noticed when Swansea were out of possession they pushed their defence right up to the half way line and compressed the space we had to play in and closed us down aggressively. First half we had no answer to it although we coped better second half.

It was the same tactic teams employed against us last season when we played without a striker. They know we have no outlet up front and have to play out from the back. We struggled with it then and haven’t learned any lessons since.
Couple of long balls for wingers or striker to run onto and that stops pretty quickly. Not sure we ever even tried it

Couple of long balls for wingers or striker to run onto and that stops pretty quickly. Not sure we ever even tried it
We don’t - that’s the biggest problem. If you watch Rusyn he is always making early runs but is hardly ever put through. I know that we have good wingers but it would be great to see us trying to play through the middle from time to time.

They know they don’t need tobe afraid od us anyore. So they attack,it’s easy enough and we can’t keep clean sheets.our llack of strikers means there is not too much to troubbe them at the back and these are bottom teams we are takling about. It is a while since since they talked about stats, it is COST, MTHAT SEEM TO BE THECRITERIA for bringing in players now.The plan appears to have been quietly ditched. It seems to be cost now. Nothing bhanges how low can we go.
Are you Kildare's brother?

Are you Kildare's brother?
Not related to anyone on here. If you arereferring to what I think you are, i am getting-older and my eyes are not what they were. However, while I have no trouble with the desktop upstairs the ipad Type is too small is a different matter and mistakes happen i would use the desktop but it’s bloody freezing ans we try to keep bills down, that’s the way it is. I hope it doesn’t spoil your enjoyment. To add to my my woes, I broke my reading glasses-last week..i am 77 now first game 1957, I didn’t need glasses until I was 63, the optician said he never saw eyesight like mine but it catches up with all of us if we are lucky.

Last edited:
@Epping been lending out his keyboard again?

Not related to anyone on here. If you arereferring to what I think you are, i am getting-older and my eyes are not what they were. However, while I have no trouble with the desktop upstairs the ipad Type is too small is a different matter and mistakes happen i would use the desktop but it’s bloody freezing ans we try to keep bills down, that’s the way it is. I hope it doesn’t spoil your enjoyment. To add to my my woes, I broke my reading glasses-last week..i am 77 now first game 1957, I didn’t need glasses until I was 63, the said he never saw eyesight like mine but it catches up with all of us if we are lucky.
Soz mate, trying to make a joke 😕

High press against us with limited players at the back with the ball at their feet like Patterson, O'Nien, and Hjelde is always going to be a problem.

No out ball is the blatant issue for me. You’ve got Rusyn this little Ukrainian bloke standing next to some athletic 6’4 ball winner who’s probably been looking forward to it all week.

The hierarchy were taught a lesson by Luton in the playoffs and simply refused to learn from it. Instead doubling down on tricky 20 year olds.

I don’t know if it’s just incompetence from the top, or rather blatant disregard for the fans - and tunnel vision on making a profit (which may or may not be reinvested - we don’t know yet)
Maybe it’s both.

Last edited:
A few stats:

- We’ve only kept 8 clean sheets in 34 league games

- We have lost more games than we’ve won (more defeats than any team in the top half)

- However 12 of our 15 losses have been by just a one goal margin

- And we have the 4th lowest goals against in the Chanpionship

The 1-0 losses against Hull, Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bristol City (and the 0-0 draw against 10 man Swansea) sum up the season for me. Every one of these games I’ve left the stadium scratching my head thinking how did we manage to lose (or only draw) that game??

Back