I need help in gathering work experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

David M

Striker
Hello, as some may recall I had a little thread here saying I recently lost my job as an Engineer. Well, it's been nearly 2 months since then and nothing looks like coming off soon on the employment front.
It has occurred to me that I probably lack sufficient experience in the areas in which I'm looking for employment so I'm hoping I may find some help here.

I have worked as a Design Engineer since I left Uni 4 years ago up until the end of August, however, I left this role as I felt it was not offering the type of work relative to design engineering, i.e. idea conception, 3D modelling, analysis, prototype testing, concept refinement, etc. I did go to another company which I believed would solve this quandary but that role didn't work out.

So, I'm asking if anyone out there works at an organisation that has a design engineering department (or works in one) if it'd be possible to work a couple of days a week in order to build experience in the aforementioned areas in the hope of boosting my CV.
Ideally, I'd do it for expenses-only but my need for experience means I can do without for the short-term and based as close to Durham as possible.

Hello, as some may recall I had a little thread here saying I recently lost my job as an Engineer. Well, it's been nearly 2 months since then and nothing looks like coming off soon on the employment front.
It has occurred to me that I probably lack sufficient experience in the areas in which I'm looking for employment so I'm hoping I may find some help here.

I have worked as a Design Engineer since I left Uni 4 years ago up until the end of August, however, I left this role as I felt it was not offering the type of work relative to design engineering, i.e. idea conception, 3D modelling, analysis, prototype testing, concept refinement, etc. I did go to another company which I believed would solve this quandary but that role didn't work out.

So, I'm asking if anyone out there works at an organisation that has a design engineering department (or works in one) if it'd be possible to work a couple of days a week in order to build experience in the aforementioned areas in the hope of boosting my CV.
Ideally, I'd do it for expenses-only but my need for experience means I can do without for the short-term and based as close to Durham as possible.
An Apprenticeship in design engineering.

Apprentice Design Engineer Jobs - November 2018 | Indeed.co.uk

Bump and good luck in your search mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back