I can’t believe what I’m seeing here, this behaviour in a hospital. How the hell the doctor keeps his cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck! they should be flogged, bet it will be the Boris' fault if he dies.

Tidied in the case of some on here.

Sarcasm aside, it's lack of understanding and awareness -the family think they are doing right even though they clearly aren't but what drove them to that state? Do we know what led to them thinking they had to do that?

I'm absolutely speechless after watching that, the stupidity and ignorance of people obtaining overnight phd's in medicine from watching YouTube videos is astounding.
It is the entitlement that is astonishing. If the old boy wanted to discharge himself then all well and good. People don’t have to be saved from themselves.

I'm absolutely speechless after watching that, the stupidity and ignorance of people obtaining overnight phd's in medicine from watching YouTube videos is astounding.
I posted on another thread yesterday that someone I used to play badminton with is one of these deniers and from her posts she seems on the verge of needing to be sectioned.

They appear to be quoting doctors but a quick google reveals the doctors in question to be mainly chiropractors. My favourite one was the “esteemed virologist” who it appears thinks that neither HIV nor measles exist.

I’m not trying to defend them by any means especially as I can’t hear it properly anyway but with my 52 yr old son having recently been in hospital on oxygen with the virus I want to say that it is a very difficult position to be in. If u text and don’t get a n immediate reply u don’t know if they are asleep having treatment off ward for X-rays or whatever flat battery taking a turn for the worst etc and the mind goes into overdrive. In addition u can’t visit it’s difficult to get through to the hospital on the phone let alone the ward and it’s virtually impossible to talk to a nurse or doctor. It’s hard bloody hard

Fortunately my son came home yesterday and hopefully he’ll continue to get better but if you are a sceptic and they do exist it must be impossible to get your head around everything and desperation can take over

I’m not trying to defend them by any means especially as I can’t hear it properly anyway but with my 52 yr old son having recently been in hospital on oxygen with the virus I want to say that it is a very difficult position to be in. If u text and don’t get a n immediate reply u don’t know if they are asleep having treatment off ward for X-rays or whatever flat battery taking a turn for the worst etc and the mind goes into overdrive. In addition u can’t visit it’s difficult to get through to the hospital on the phone let alone the ward and it’s virtually impossible to talk to a nurse or doctor. It’s hard bloody hard

Fortunately my son came home yesterday and hopefully he’ll continue to get better but if you are a sceptic and they do exist it must be impossible to get your head around everything and desperation can take over

Maybe the solution is for hospitals to ring once or twice a day at set times to confirm the patient is well. They could even automate it and send it as a text message - though hopefully someone will check the texts before they are sent.

They were suggesting stopping treatment and giving him vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc because they’d read it on Facebook.

Maybe the solution is for hospitals to ring once or twice a day at set times to confirm the patient is well. They could even automate it and send it as a text message - though hopefully someone will check the texts before they are sent.

I don’t think they have time to be honest

They were suggesting stopping treatment and giving him vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc because they’d read it on Facebook.

I don’t agree with them by any means I was trying to explain how the situation and not knowing could drive u to desperation to seek alternative treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back