Hummel

They didn't - I got it through a facebook page. It's got all the hummel branding etc and the hummel tags. I don't know how legitimate the company is or isn't but it's a near perfect remake comparing it to my dads original. The same compnany have done loads of SAFC ones

So it's a snide then. Makes nee difference like but it's not a Hummel shirt.

It would be madness not to release more old Hummel stuff.

The 91-94 home shirt is the most perfect kit we've ever had IMO.
I thought it was bloody awful, personally. It was the last one I owned as a bairn. The material was shiny and clicked if you looked at it, the collars curled-up and you used to see loads of the stuck-on felt letters that had peeled off in the wash.
I also never understood why we had two replica kits in a row where the sponsor was different to what was in the players’ shirts.
We were also generally f***ing awful during that time.
Just my opinion, mind.

Last edited:
I thought it was bloody awful, personally. It was the last one I owned as a bairn. The material was shiny and clicked if you looked at it, the collars curled-up and you used to see loads of the stuck in felt letters that had called off in the wash.
I also never understood why we had two replica kits in a row where the sponsor was different to what was in the players’ shirts.
We were also generally f***ing awful during that time.
Just my opinion, mind.
I wasnt meaning the overall quality of the garment as I was 7-8 and didnt give a f**k :lol:

I just think as a Sunderland home kit the look ticked most boxed for me.

So it's a snide then. Makes nee difference like but it's not a Hummel shirt.
Aye, but at the time it was the only way of getting decent retro gear that had all the bells and whistles. I'd post some pics if I could be arsed butg it's not like a DHGate job it's properly done. I'm sure there was a thread on here about them
Jacket has arrived for our lass (no) I'm glad I ordered a size higher because it's quite small fitting but she's gorgeous.
Few brownie points there mate, you little charmer

Back