Hummel

Marketing genius by Bruce… Hopefully they get the kit launch and stock issues right
4000 items at an average £60 each is an easy £240k. Granted it’ll be split between a few different companies but to take that in a day at the end of a dead rubber season shows how poor it is that this avenue hasn’t been explored previously by numerous regimes.

4000 items at an average £60 each is an easy £240k. Granted it’ll be split between a few different companies but to take that in a day at the end of a dead rubber season shows how poor it is that this avenue hasn’t been explored previously by numerous regimes.
The kits if done right will bring in a fortune. It’s been years since I bought a proper kit from the club but I already know I’ll be very tempted and loads will be in the same boat I reckon.

Marketing genius by Bruce… Hopefully they get the kit launch and stock issues right
I know limited edition makes more people rush to get them, but 1992 isn’t a huge number & now they’re all sold the club won’t see any of the resale value. It’ll be private sales.

Is there any reason why you wouldn’t just make this a “normal” sale without limit? It’d make more money

I know limited edition makes more people rush to get them, but 1992 isn’t a huge number & now they’re all sold the club won’t see any of the resale value. It’ll be private sales.

Is there any reason why you wouldn’t just make this a “normal” sale without limit? It’d make more money

It's a way to create a bit of buzz about the new partnership without going big too early. Had a friend onto me a bit ago - a Dublin-based Liverpool fan - and he's heard about this. One of his mates (a Celtic fan I think) has bought the 3rd shirt cos it's into retro gear. I don't think you get that kind of buzz if it's not limited edition.

Plus, too many people buying this range might mean fewer people buying the new kit, and there's probably more margin on that. There'll be lots of great stuff coming from Hummel I reckon, good for fans and good for the club's coffers too.

This is the same club that was charging £116 for a £50 Nike gilet a few months ago. This is a completely different level of professionalism, I'm very impressed.

Because it gives fans who buy them something unique knowing that there won't be loads in circulation. It also sets the scene for future limited edition releases and the option to increase costs.

I've said for a while we should be releasing limited edition strips, they should consider issuing a one off each season and giving so much of the sales to charity. Could do a blackout kit for example.

The kits if done right will bring in a fortune. It’s been years since I bought a proper kit from the club but I already know I’ll be very tempted and loads will be in the same boat I reckon.
This is first Sunderland top I have bought in 8/9 year! Not liked any of the recent ones, Hummel is a different level for me though, reminds me of my childhood. I am going to be skint by July!

Back