How Often Can You Treat Yourself to Junk Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lexingtongue

Have been living a virtuous food lifestyle for the last month but have the occasional hankering for a takeaway pizza (not helped at all when I pop over my mate's place on Friday nights). So far I've managed to ignore the temptation, but was wondering how often do you guys treat yourself to something unhealthy? How much of a setback would it do to my current routine if I was to eat say a takeaway pizza once every month or so?

I doubt one a month will do anything to your current routine mate..

If you think it's sustainable to say no then keep doing it. I prefer to regulate my diet fairly tightly through the week, but let myself go a little on the weekends. By that I just mean eat out and stuff, but even then I'm eating steaks, chickens, fish etc so not really a "blow out".

I've tried to be totally anal about my diet in the past but I just hoy the towel in, sack off the gym and become lazy. Hopefully this time it's a positive change rather than diet. We'll see :lol:

Pretty much the same as everyone else. I keep my diet in check during the week and lapse a little during the weekend. That doesn't mean I'll have a takeaway mind, although I did last night. Sweets are my downfall. I love sweets.

We have a take away every 3 weeks. I eat shit every day but by shit i mean things like wham bars, refresher bars, a bag of square crisps, a glass of coke and the likes. Obviously not all that at once but 1 or 2 a day. I wanted to lose weight and get fit but not go mental by eating salad and fruit for every meal. I still want to eat food and treats I like as well as having proper meals. I've so far lost 2 stone in 3 months so it seems to be working...

We have a take away every 3 weeks. I eat shit every day but by shit i mean things like wham bars, refresher bars, a bag of square crisps, a glass of coke and the likes. Obviously not all that at once but 1 or 2 a day. I wanted to lose weight and get fit but not go mental by eating salad and fruit for every meal. I still want to eat food and treats I like as well as having proper meals. I've so far lost 2 stone in 3 months so it seems to be working...

What's a proper meal though? When I switched to a healthy diet to gain weight I didn't see it as much of a transition as I always considered whole, unprocessed foods as nice, proper meals. Just made sure I consciously avoided the sugary crap I always used to eat after those meals.

The only real difference is that I now eat more often.

What's a proper meal though? When I switched to a healthy diet to gain weight I didn't see it as much of a transition as I always considered whole, unprocessed foods as nice, proper meals. Just made sure I consciously avoided the sugary crap I always used to eat after those meals.

The only real difference is that I now eat more often.

Jacket potato with beans / tuna
Frozen ready meals, morrisons nume are tremendous.
Chicken dinners, no gravy
Fresh fish
Salads

Just mix it up to be honest. I know it's a ready meal but I can't recommend nume from morrisons highly enough. I have the chilli and rice about twice a week..

Once or twice a week ill have a large dominos. Makes no difference to my training as I train like ten men, most on here would say I overtrain but that's how I live. I eat pretty well but not super strict, at the end of the day I'm not posing in my pants for a living so dont see the need.

To answer your question it's not gonna hurt you at all.

Last edited:
I tend to be ok to eat what I want fortunately.

This week I've been to McDonald's 3 separate times, had a pub lunch, and a few pizzas. :oops:

This is VERY out of the ordinary for me though.

BBQ yesterday was very good with a lot of lean meat and I have a very hard training schedule this week, gonna throw in a few extra finishers just as a bit of punishment for being so idle nutrition wise this past week.

I try to limit myself to eating badly at weekends. Generally Saturday is an all out piggy day, then I'll be a little unhealthy on Sunday as well. Monday-Friday I eat well, plenty fresh fruit and veg, balanced diet, etc, but wouldn't feel guilty if I fancied a random chocolate bar or bag of crisps as I think the exercise I do would counteract it easily.

I used to pig out all weekend justifying it as a cheat day, but that "day" tended to last from friday afternoon untill sunday night.

I've cut it back to having 2 cheat meals and one cheat breakfast and feel better for it.

I still drink a load but who cares, life's for living.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back