How much medication are you on and how old are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Alfred

Striker
Working in the NHS it seems that a lot of older people are on a serious amount of medication......40 pills a day and upwards isn't unusual.

I'm 60, don't take any prescribed meds but I do take a few supplements like fish oil, flaxseed oil, garlic, turmeric, glucosamine and chondroitin.

Working in the NHS it seems that a lot of older people are on a serious amount of medication......40 pills a day and upwards isn't unusual.

I'm 60, don't take any prescribed meds but I do take a few supplements like fish oil, flaxseed oil, garlic, turmeric, glucosamine and chondroitin.

From the experience of my parents, it seems like the first port of call for most doctors is to throw pills at any problem. I bet you that if you took any individual on a reasonable amount of pills, you could probably fix some of the issues via other means (i.e. changing eating habits).

From the experience of my parents, it seems like the first port of call for most doctors is to throw pills at any problem. I bet you that if you took any individual on a reasonable amount of pills, you could probably fix some of the issues via other means (i.e. changing eating habits).

I was hoping the conversation would enlarge to discuss exactly that.....personally I think it's a f***ing disgrace how we are all treated by doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back