How many Wimbledon fans do you think followed the team to Milton Keynes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they weren't going to acknowledge MK Dons. The whole thing is getting blown out of proportion, it's hardly the fans of MK Dons fault that Wimbledon went bust ffs.

Take it you haven't been on the MK Dons forum then? They are loving the fact they've drawn them and that Wimbledon fans are so wound up

Take it you haven't been on the MK Dons forum then? They are loving the fact they've drawn them and that Wimbledon fans are so wound up

And? I would expect them to be, it doesn't mean it's their fault about what happened to Wimbledon. it's a big team for both sides. Wimbledon are spouting about not acknowledging them etc and your talking about it being 'lively off the pitch'.

They must be acknowledging MK dons if that is true.

And? I would expect them to be, it doesn't mean it's their fault about what happened to Wimbledon. it's a big team for both sides. Wimbledon are spouting about not acknowledging them etc and your talking about it being 'lively off the pitch'.

They must be acknowledging MK dons if that is true.

They despise them so course they are acknowledging them. There will be trouble guaranteed

So before 2004 they didn't support anyone? That's why I will always despise MK Dons. Their fans aren't even real football fans. Hopefully it will go tits up for them. Would love love to see Wimbledon turn them over. There will be loads of bother off the pitch anarl if what I've heard from Wimbledon fans is right

What do you think of previous armchair plastic mancs or scousers from Milton Keynes gave that up to support their local club?

What do you think of previous armchair plastic mancs or scousers from Milton Keynes gave that up to support their local club?

Not real fans though are they. You don't choose the team you support. If you do then you will never truly understand what it is like to support a team.

They have more ST holders now then Wimbledon ever did when they were in the Premiership.

Couldn't they not afford to build a stadium that compiled with the Taylor report in London so it was a kind of Milton Keynes or bust situation for them?

No, no it wasn't. Virtually nobody bought season tickets back then.

So before 2004 they didn't support anyone? That's why I will always despise MK Dons. Their fans aren't even real football fans. Hopefully it will go tits up for them. Would love love to see Wimbledon turn them over. There will be loads of bother off the pitch anarl if what I've heard from Wimbledon fans is right

I think the dad followed football in general as "armchair" fan as someone else previously mentioned. If the criteria is not choosing who you support then his kids at least deserve the status of "real fans" given they've been going a relatively long time.

I think the point I was making originally is that this is just how a new club happened to be born, in time they will have a heritage of their own and in a way it's exciting for a young fan to be there at the beginning of that journey.

I'm in no way a fan of MK Dons or their prat of a chairman, but their origins shouldn't deny new fans an opportunity to love the game.

I think the dad followed football in general as "armchair" fan as someone else previously mentioned. If the criteria is not choosing who you support then his kids at least deserve the status of "real fans" given they've been going a relatively long time.

I think the point I was making originally is that this is just how a new club happened to be born, in time they will have a heritage of their own and in a way it's exciting for a young fan to be there at the beginning of that journey.

I'm in no way a fan of MK Dons or their prat of a chairman, but their origins shouldn't deny new fans an opportunity to love the game.

I'm not buying into the local team to support thing. They could have been supporting Northampton, Luton, Stevenage etc which are still quite local

I'm not buying into the local team to support thing. They could have been supporting Northampton, Luton, Stevenage etc which are still quite local

It's a fair point but I'm just saying it's not as cut and dried as all that. He took the kids having had a passing interest in football, he enjoyed himself, the kids loved it and now they consider themselves fans.

When I was at school in the 80's the majority of kids supported Liverpool, a few Newcastle and a handful followed Sunderland (Man United didn't register they were shít)

Most of the Liverpool fans now support Newcastle and some go to games.

Same thing will happen in Milton Keynes..

As for there being any trouble have you seen any Wimbledon or Milton Keynes Dons fans before?

When I was at school in the 80's the majority of kids supported Liverpool, a few Newcastle and a handful followed Sunderland (Man United didn't register they were shít)

Most of the Liverpool fans now support Newcastle and some go to games.

Same thing will happen in Milton Keynes..

As for there being any trouble have you seen any Wimbledon or Milton Keynes Dons fans before?

Having been to both Wimbledon away and MK dons away, yes I have seen their fans

Oh and it is a bubble trip for Wimbledon fans. So obviously someone else must think there will be trouble

Wimbledon were only in the football league 25 years themselves and when they came in they were getting gates of 2,000 (see above) so had a high element of 'plastics' themselves.

They were a relatively young in the football league so didn't have much history. They were in a highly saturated area for football clubs. They were in debt and needed spend money to comply with the Taylor report. The land they owned would have severally restricted the size of any modern stadia so would have had to look for other locations in one of the more expensive areas of London. If they didn't move there is a good chance they wouldn't exist any more. It wasn't a simple lets just move a club idea. It was a complex one that had been growing since Wimbledon initially considered in 1978.

Having been to both Wimbledon away and MK dons away, yes I have seen their fans

Oh and it is a bubble trip for Wimbledon fans. So obviously someone else must think there will be trouble

Hilarious.

Who would you prefer people from Milton Keynes to follow?

It's similar up here with Livingston. A few people followed them after they changed from Meadowbank Thistle. I'd much rather see kids from Livingston grow up as Livi fans rather than Rangers or Celtic fans which is the most likely alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back