How many Derby games you been to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Been to quite a few home derbies at Roker and the SOL... The only away game was the New Years Day game 1985.
Benno & Howard Gayle sent off. A sizable proportion of their fans... utter racist scum.
Was at that game
Beardsley tortured us & we just went to pieces

Hats off! Every one at home since the Arnott / Lee 2-2. Away not so much, 3-1 New Years Day Beardsley hat trick, 1-1 in the wind 89/90, 1-2 May 16th 1990 (best ever), 1-0 David Kelly 1992, 1-0 Sellars in the rain, 1-1 Phillips / Bellamy was my last over there. Missed the 6 in a row away games but would swap nowt for playoff night!
Just used your list, fuck me Im on 28 too!
My miserable username is a text I sent In reply to a mate who messaged me at half time when Hoyte put us one up and suggested that was the year we finally beat them. Let’s face it, I was right.

Last edited:
6. First one was the league cup in 1979. It was the only win I’ve seen, even though it was on pens. 4 draws and 1 defeat. A much better record than I thought to be honest.
But I hate derby days, so would prefer to go dark and find out the result after 90 minutes.

My first mags game was in 1985 and I’ve been to every home game since. I was at the playoffs victory at their place and another twice I think which were defeats. Never been to their place since it got extended.

21 I reckon and never seen us win at SJP

First was 0-2 in 76, missed the Rowell game , 1-3 in 1980, missed the cup game, 1-3 in 85 and I think I've seen one draw since. They've done ok when I've not been there so stayed away

Reactions: G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back