How do you lift it?

MonkeyLove

Striker
Looking at a few countries today it seems Germany, Austria and a couple of others have started to introduce the idea of restrictions being lifted.

Spain also now think they may have passed the peak.

But surely the challenge here is actually nothing has changed? It’s still as virulent, there is no proven treatment, and no vaccine.

Looking at this, it seems quite clear that if you lift the restrictions it’s back to square 1, particularly as most people will celebrate them with a massive f***ing party.

Most countries are still weeks away but apart from the Heat is the known reality it will just go back to how it was, cases will rise again and then we shut up shop for a bit... repeat until vaccine found?

Looking at a few countries today it seems Germany, Austria and a couple of others have started to introduce the idea of restrictions being lifted.

Spain also now think they may have passed the peak.

But surely the challenge here is actually nothing has changed? It’s still as virulent, there is no proven treatment, and no vaccine.

Looking at this, it seems quite clear that if you lift the restrictions it’s back to square 1, particularly as most people will celebrate them with a massive f***ing party.

Most countries are still weeks away but apart from the Heat is the known reality it will just go back to how it was, cases will rise again and then we shut up shop for a bit... repeat until vaccine found?

I can’t see how it will work, the numbers of people infected or becoming infected is likely to still be similar to or more than when lockdown was first imposed. Lifting it would just let it spiral. If the virus is still kicking about the population I can’t see how they can lift it without mass testing and tracing which would be very difficult.

I think Singapore have reported quite a lot of new cases since they recently relaxed measures

To be honest there needs to be a degree of global consensus around this...... g brown seemed to have some decent thinking around this recently

I don't think people dying is the main point of the lockdown as such. It's the inability of the NHS to handle such numbers requiring treatment. Once we have that sorted then restrictions will be relaxed. They may be reintroduced if numbers look like they are going to overwhelm the increased capacity again. The impact economically will mean we have to get things going again soon so I think that will drive things as much as anything.

I don't think people dying is the main point of the lockdown as such. It's the inability of the NHS to handle such numbers requiring treatment. Once we have that sorted then restrictions will be relaxed. They may be reintroduced if numbers look like they are going to overwhelm the increased capacity again. The impact economically will mean we have to get things going again soon so I think that will drive things as much as anything.
I think people are missing this - no cure at the moment so kits make sure the NHS is not overwhelmed.

The experts, around the globe, say it won’t just die out.
You've obviously never suffered from depression
Ive had struggles the same as anyone else but this bleating about mental health because its trendy has to stop.

I thought 8000 brits dieing of a physical illness may arrest that but its still banging on. Didnt hear people in world war 2 bemoaning mental health when the Luftwafe were dropping bombs on their head. JUST STAY INDOORS FOR A BIT LONGER JESUS CHRIST
Bit of a poor reply. Have you ever had depression? Ever lived with a domestic abuser?
What so we must lift restrictions asap because everyones a battered wife now?

ok
99% of People have no idea how good they have it.

Last edited:
Ive had struggles the same as anyone else but this bleating about mental health because its trendy has to stop.

I thought 8000 brits dieing of a physical illness may arrest that but its still banging on. Didnt hear people in world war 2 bemoaning mental health when the Luftwafe were dropping bombs on their head. JUST STAY INDOORS FOR A BIT LONGER JESUS CHRIST

What so we must lift restrictions asap because everyones a battered wife now?

ok
99% of People have no idea how good they have it.
Empathy

Back