How come?

Tannerabag

Full Back
Even with very rich chairman, our club struggle. I mean kld and his family are mega rich, short owned half of friggin texas, yet we still haven't got a pot to piss in.

Even with very rich chairman, our club struggle. I mean kld and his family are mega rich, short owned half of friggin texas, yet we still haven't got a pot to piss in.

Do you mean why don't we have someone to write off 30 million losses per season?

But these people are very succesful at making money, why do they put money into a club knowing they are gonna loose it.
it's not as though they love the club, or the game.

Dunno what the thinking behind it is for the most part.
The Saudis?..yea its just they have sodding billions so buying a football club is like me or you buying a bag of crisps.
Some of the Yanks etc, its simply buying a history they can't get anywhere else....and such as our chairman, buying a club cos he thinks its a train set.
Its mainly all plastic tat, the only constants are the supporters, who have no choice, cos they see it as family, an integral part of their whole lives.
Thats where the conflict comes in,
Football fans are in thrall for the most part, we know nowt else, yer grandad took you, your uncles aunties and whoever were sat with you.
You drag your kids and your grandkids up with it, it becomes something dear to you, you live your life around it, you plan your week with it, your holidaysetc etc
You miss a match, like I did last night, and you feel a bit dirty about it, even though you already paid for it, but due to circumstance, you can't go.
No f.ooking Chairman, owner nor player ever feels like that..but WE do..waddya do?
I;m probably going to miss the Leeds game on Friday, because of family circumstances and I can't stop thinking about it, bar the fact that family is far more important, but I still feel crap about it , thats where they have you...its a sort of guilt, that shouldn't be there, but it is....
Your Owners don't have that, its whats both beautiful and totally irrational with a football fan..a proper football fan

Last edited:
Just mentioned on another thread that KLD was ranked the 27th richest chairman in England so he’s not that rich. That actually puts us just outside the championship playoffs.

All of our owners since Bob, have bought something that they shouldn't have. As in we're too big for them to handle.

The current incumbents are no different. If only we had a owner who could utilise our vast potential, not by doing anything silly either. Just the basics would do. Like customer service, maintenance of infrastructure etc.

We have suffered far too long in the North East when it come to well........everything. They don't give a damn about us. It's just a shame that the Drumaville consortium didn't have more Sunland fans in it. As it looks like it's only us that see what an amazing club we could become with just a bit of investment...Said every fan of every club ever lol.

But these people are very succesful at making money, why do they put money into a club knowing they are gonna loose it.
it's not as though they love the club, or the game.
KLD was born a billionaire, will die a billionaire but he hasn’t made a lot of money through working. It’s all been given to him so he fancied, one day, to have a go at running a football club. Unfortunately he’s now bored with it

just because his family are rich dont mean they gona say here 50 mil go spend .ok he has a trustfund but he cant be asking someone to throw it all to the club.and short spent an obscene amount .just the agents who advised did so badly.he had a shot but learnt the hardway .

Back