House of Fraser Metro Centre

Visited the HoF at Rushden Lakes a few weeks ago. Not surprised the stores are closing. All the staff there couldn’t give a shite about the customers. Seemed more interested in talking to each other.
If you’re reading this Ashley...there’s your problem.

Visited the HoF at Rushden Lakes a few weeks ago. Not surprised the stores are closing. All the staff there couldn’t give a shite about the customers. Seemed more interested in talking to each other.
I’m not sure Ashley is the right man to turn to for a great customer experience.

They are rather bland shops to be fair.

I feel the MC store is just a mess and feels a bit disorganised (it has been a while since I was last in).

Shame still.

Please can you find decent links rather than one from the shittest website on the planet, thanks.
The Sports Direct of websites.

Went in the other night and it was unrecognisable; massive Lonsdale and Karrimor sections upstairs, the furniture section all crammed in covered in cheap yellow 'all stock must go' labels and huge gaps amongst the concessions downstairs.

The problem is because of the Internet there is no place for concession based businesses.

All these brands in trouble have never figured out how to run a website... They'd have to become resellers for so many brands it's just not worth it when a user is more likely to visit the website of the brand they want.

They will just negotiate a commercial rent or split the unit.

I thinks rents will have to take a massive nosedive in most retail places but I see this as a good thing.
Agree, although I can't see land owners and their agents reducing them quickly. I do wonder if the value of city centre land has actually declined recently. I posted the rents of some durham city centre retail units the other and I couldn't believe how much they were wanting.

Agree, although I can't see land owners and their agents reducing them quickly. I do wonder if the value of city centre land has actually declined recently. I posted the rents of some durham city centre retail units the other and I couldn't believe how much they were wanting.

I saw that and it was mind boggling.

Back