House gutter cleaning....

Suppose half of it is danger money, my house is quite tall. Nee way am I going up that high.
Keep your feet on terra firma if you haven't got good ladders or a head for heights mate.
On another note, this afternoon I did some pressure washing for a 96-year-old. I could smell cigarettes in her house, her daughter says the old dear smokes ten Benson and Hedges a day. And a glass of sherry at lunchtime every day. Legend... :lol:

Last edited:

Neighbour got his done year or so back, use a sucking thing on a long pole with a camera, said he paid £200. Just had my soffits *SP* and guttering renewed, mine was solid full ov shite. His gutter thing has no downpipe and is still full ov shite, his runs into mine. Not any more, blocker in. Water pisses over his gutter, mine goes down the drain.

Last edited:
Oftentimes it's roofers who are the culprits, they can't be arsed to clear any mortar that's gone into your gutters when they are working up there. It can block drains and cause rainwater to spill over the top.

Oftentimes it's roofers who are the culprits, they can't be arsed to clear any mortar that's gone into your gutters when they are working up there. It can block drains and cause rainwater to spill over the top.

Was going to say, this can be just as important, if not more, all be it at ground level.

I did a bungalow recently, down drain was blocked, unclogged it, cleared gunge and water from gutter. Then used bucket of soapy water to clean gutters and fascias. Piece of cake really. Customer supplied cuppas.
Are there ‘up drains’?

And surely geared clunge is better than cleared gunge?

Can't believe that people are paying out hard earned money to get their gutters cleaned out.
Fuck me, part and parcel of basic house maintenance.
Lazy feckless twats in my opinion.
Suckers who have more money than sense.
I actually enjoy cleaning out the gutters and cleaning the fascia and soffits etc - bloody sparkling when I ve finished . Do the pvc window frames while I m at it.

Up the ladder with bucket tied on and rubber gloves , scrape out the crap, soap and water clean and dry off - it’s like arial gynaecology.

I actually enjoy cleaning out the gutters and cleaning the fascia and soffits etc - bloody sparkling when I ve finished . Do the pvc window frames while I m at it.

Up the ladder with bucket tied on and rubber gloves , scrape out the crap, soap and water clean and dry off - it’s like arial gynaecology.
I'm impressed i thought mermaids would be tricky.

Back