Houghton CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any updated on how things are next season

Know few of the key lads have moved on

We are running a 1st team only for this season and should have a big enough squad to be able to not worry about fielding a team in the 2013 season (signed a couple of new players - well re-signed some from yesteryear).

A couple of lads (myself being one of them) have taken some extra responsibility on with the aim to grow the club again i.e we have secured a couple of sponsorships, organised a couple of events and fundraisers to put us on a good financial footing and ensure people know the club is still there.

The short term aim for the senior section is to field at least two teams for the 2014 season. A couple of us are taking our coaching badges in a months time with the aim to expand our junior section (again for the 2014 season) and we've sorted out a partnership with the Tony Blair sports foundation to help us do so (I believe a couple of other clubs in the area also have a partnership with the foundation).

After initial worries about whether the club was going to survive, we are all fairly confident about how things will turn out now and are looking forward to the season already :lol:

Well good luck

I am rejoining an old friend this season that was instrumental in the growth of the club when I was involved in the late 80s early 90s

Always luck out for the club best wishes to you lads

Well good luck

I am rejoining an old friend this season that was instrumental in the growth of the club when I was involved in the late 80s early 90s

Always luck out for the club best wishes to you lads

cheers for the well wishes. It's going to be hard work but I'm fairly confident we can get the club back to a decent level in time (maybe not to the levels of the early 90's mind as I very much doubt we can afford or attract the players that would be required to achieve that any time soon!)

cheers for the well wishes. It's going to be hard work but I'm fairly confident we can get the club back to a decent level in time (maybe not to the levels of the early 90's mind as I very much doubt we can afford or attract the players that would be required to achieve that any time soon!)

Will look out for your results :)

The Central League handbook indicates that you are running an Under 15 team?

yes sorry, didnt make that clear. Was talking purely from a senior team perspective. Under 15 team running this season with the view to having a wider junior section in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back