Hong Kong to Macau

Easy, the terminal next to the airport has a bus that takes you in 30 mins. Cheap and easy. Stand at the bus stop and off you go.

Week in Macau, not a lot to do unless you like the tables.

We would do Vegas but that is so expensive now compared to 15 years ago when we first went there
Macau is definitely not cheap, especially if you are staying on the Cotai Strip. If you are going in summer they are trying to diversify and the pools in the Galaxy and as couple of the newer complexes are nice. But it's costly. Lots of luxury brands shopping for the mainlanders wife's to spend the $ on.

Getting there from HK is easy though. Helicopter if youre minted, or turbojet ferry from central Hong Kong, or as I said there is a terminal nearby the airport with a bus over the hk-macau-china bridge. It's less than a tenner each way, half hour. Done it a few times for kids rugby in a day.

We would do Vegas but that is so expensive now compared to 15 years ago when we first went there
Just come back from Vegas like went for New Year pretty expensive now mind.
$10/$12 a Bottle of beer.
$15/$20 a Glass of wine.
Had a steak in Binions & Gallaghers $80 for the steak alone.
Group of 5 of us had a meal at Gallaghers in New York New York, no starters or sweets, all main meals with 2 of the cheapest bottles of red, $650 :eek:

Just come back from Vegas like went for New Year pretty expensive now mind.
$10/$12 a Bottle of beer.
$15/$20 a Glass of wine.
Had a steak in Binions & Gallaghers $80 for the steak alone.
Group of 5 of us had a meal at Gallaghers in New York New York, no starters or sweets, all main meals with 2 of the cheapest bottles of red, $650 :eek:
Throw in resort fees, parking charges etc. it has become a piss take. Nickel and diming going on everywhere

Throw in resort fees, parking charges etc. it has become a piss take. Nickel and diming going on everywhere
Aye mate 7th time we've been & it could well be the last.
Got talking to a lass in the beer park while watching the American football, $10,000 upfront if you want the chance of a season ticket to watch the Raiders, then the season ticket on top.

Last edited:
Aye mate 7th time we've been & it could well be the last.
Got talking to a lass in the beer park while watching the American football, $10,000 upfront if you want the chance of a season ticket to watch the Raiders, then the season ticket on top.
That is nuts. I suppose it will be a similar thing for the golden knights

That is nuts. I suppose it will be a similar thing for the golden knights
Yeah most probably mate.
Talking to a taxi driver about the F1 in November, he said the prices for race tickets & hotels were so high the place was deserted, they basically had to give the race tickets away the day of the race.

Yeah most probably mate.
Talking to a taxi driver about the F1 in November, he said the prices for race tickets & hotels were so high the place was deserted, they basically had to give the race tickets away the day of the race.
Yeah I saw that. We stay at the south end, Luxor, Mandalay bay and heard it was very quiet down there that weekend

We are thinking about Macau this year like , saved money on flights this year by doing two stops en route and and back and not doing that again - what used to be a ÂŁ1200 trip each is now best part of ÂŁ2,000 in same hotel before resort fees and any spending money - just wish there was somewhere similar in Europe for our girl trip

We are thinking about Macau this year like , saved money on flights this year by doing two stops en route and and back and not doing that again - what used to be a ÂŁ1200 trip each is now best part of ÂŁ2,000 in same hotel before resort fees and any spending money - just wish there was somewhere similar in Europe for our girl trip
Don't know about Macau being a girl trip venue, last time I was there it was Russian prostitutes and gambling, the bungee jump off the tower looks OK though.

Back