Homes under the hammer

There was a couple of flats down south Hylton featured a few years back.
Watched one from Houghton and a developer had bought 2 houses in the same street for refurbing. He was pleased that a new boiler has been fitted in one house so an expense saved. Later in the show Martin came back and the bloke was a bit pissed off. Somebody's broke in and nicked the boiler. I thought typical that happens when they feature up here. :lol:

There was a couple of flats down south Hylton featured a few years back.
Watched one from Houghton and a developer had bought 2 houses in the same street for refurbing. He was pleased that a new boiler has been fitted in one house so an expense saved. Later in the show Martin came back and the bloke was a bit pissed off. Somebody's broke in and nicked the boiler. I thought typical that happens when they feature up here. :lol:

There was a bloke bought somewhere in Hendon over the odds. Spent a fortune doing it up and when it was valued he'd have made about a grand selling it at that price.

"well it was always my intention to rent it out anyway" he lied through his teeth.

There was a bloke bought somewhere in Hendon over the odds. Spent a fortune doing it up and when it was valued he'd have made about a grand selling it at that price.

"well it was always my intention to rent it out anyway" he lied through his teeth.
A face saving lie. :lol:
They get people doing a house up to sell, they spend a fortune and stupidly do it in their taste.
A lass did one up moroccan boudoir style and it was hideous. She sold at a decent profit but that was nothing to do with her refurb. She'd have got the same price if she'd done nothing to it. The value went up because she'd spent a year on the work and house prices had shot up. Some people mug themselves.

The days of buying a property doing it up and selling at a profit are long gone unless the buyer can do the majority of the work themselves.

Back