Homes under the hammer

Tommy Walsh has been axed, and replaced by weatherman Owain Wyn Evans
Dont watch it that often now but will never watch again if that infuriating a-hole is on . He's popping up everywhere - and is consistently annoying in everything he does . Totally spoiled House of Games week afore last

Tommy Walsh has been axed, and replaced by weatherman Owain Wyn Evans
Obvious with Tommy knowing nothing about the building game where as Owain knows the building game inside out and will be offering tips to the buyers on damp, roofing , lintel placement etc etc.
He's going to be in everything just like Rylan
Take "everything just like " and you can add that to his list.

Last edited:
Dunno how they get a rewire, new boiler, laminate flooring throughout & a new kitchen & bathroom for £9k !!
If you look close the kitchen is normally B&Q take away range = shit ,probably 1.5k all in with hob and extracter , new boiler 2k , laminate floorings cheap as owt 1 k bathroom is another basic cheapy 1k , white or magnolia walls every room , £300, Grey Franks factory carpets in every room 1k rewire and patch up 2k and £100 for cheap IKEA ornaments.....

If you look close the kitchen is normally B&Q take away range = shit ,probably 1.5k all in with hob and extracter , new boiler 2k , laminate floorings cheap as owt 1 k bathroom is another basic cheapy 1k , white or magnolia walls every room , £300, Grey Franks factory carpets in every room 1k rewire and patch up 2k and £100 for cheap IKEA ornaments.....
You’ve made £15k before tax if you get your top valuation, not including your 15 months of 16 hours days of blood sweat and tears.

You’ve made £15k before tax if you get your top valuation, not including your 15 months of 16 hours days of blood sweat and tears.
Haven't watched it for a while but 90% seem to turn in a healthy profit , my head spins was when a young lass in her 20s with no building experience buys a house for the first time, on her own for 250k and gets the trades to do all the work so more ££££££sss.
I have visions of disaster/bankruptcy/ repossession.... but 20 mins later she's made 60k in 6 months by not lifting a eyelid ( mind you it's normally a London/ Essex gaff in a upcoming area.
Rarely are they done to any decent spec.

Always a shithead landlord who wants to add to their portfolio.

Absolutely infuriates me seeing decent homes being turned in HMOs as well.
To the untrained it looks great ,but if you know what your looking for and in the game it looks a dogs dinner, I'm sure Owain knows what it's all about....

Last edited:
A fella bought a public toilet, to turn into a house, if i remember he didn't do anything to it and sold it on for profit. I didn't wait till the end too see what the developer did to it

What I don’t like about it is it’s too aspirational. It promotes the notion that anyone and everyone can create a palace either from waste ground or out of a ramshackle building. It is so easy.

It takes many hundreds of thousands of pounds and a lot of legal wrangling with arsey council planning department officials. You have an application rejected so draw one up in accordance with the wishes and requirements of the council and they have the nerve to reject that too. Nothing is ever good enough. It’s a legal minefield that creates a lot of trouble and unnecessary headaches.

Back