Holmes and Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panhead

Winger
Finally watched this. Awful reviews and 3.5 on IMDB. Watched purely to see Brennan and Dale back onscreen together.

It's actually not that bad, some proper laugh out loud moments. If you like Will Ferrell and John C Reilly give it a go.

"My god, it smells like fish pie and semen"

Think it probably gets pelters because Holmes has been done to death in recent years.

Top of my head there's Sherlock and Elementary on TV (House too I guess), we've had 2 films starring Iron Man and 1 with Gandalf.

That wasn't the case when it entered development hell but by the time it was released audience probably had Holmes fatigue.

Aye I quite liked it, probably not one I should have watched at the flicks, but some genuinely funny stuff in it.

Actually really enjoyed it despite the reviews. Pure silliness if you are in the mood for that kind of thing.

I saw it on Christmas Day at the cinema, everyone was roaring with laughter so I'm not sure where the reviewers were when they said people were walking out in droves! It wasn't the best film ever but it's a silly comedy and I laughed several times.

It gets pelters because it stars Will Ferrell marra.
Nope. Its 10 years of development hell.

As for Ferrall:

Elf, Anchor Man, Taledega Nights, Step Brothers.

Even if you don't like the overall films they all have fantastic comedy scenes in them.

Personally I don't think he's a great leading man, I prefered him as a supporting character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back