++++++ Holland 🇳🇱 v USA 🇺🇸 kick off 1500 BBC1 • BBC iPlayer • BBC Sport Website +++++

Canada are similar. Their defence is poor/plays in Canada or the mls. I would be quite optimistic about the future if I was a fan of either mind. There is some quality there, just needs a bit more and especially defensively.
Yeah. I was hoping for a little better from the Canadians this tournament, but it's a big stage. And over here we don't have many of those for the national teams: the qualification group is (or should be) pretty easy, and the South Americans don't usually invite us to the Copa America, so there's not an equivalent stage to the Euros.

For the US, the big mistake here was Zimmermann at CB again. Carter-Vickers looked much, much, much better when he was out there against Iran. I'm not sure of the thought process behind removing Zimmermann, keeping a clean sheet, and then putting him back in. He's pretty much a paradigmatic MLS concrete-shoes ball-watcher of defender and it showed.

I’m not having this is some Dutch tactical masterclass like :lol:
This, too. It's just the obvious approach against the current US side. The Dutch are doing almost exactly the same thing Iran tried, but with much better players. Funny how that matters, eh?

Yeah. I was hoping for a little better from the Canadians this tournament, but it's a big stage. And over here we don't have many of those for the national teams: the qualification group is (or should be) pretty easy, and the South Americans don't usually invite us to the Copa America, so there's not an equivalent stage to the Euros.

For the US, the big mistake here was Zimmermann at CB again. Carter-Vickers looked much, much, much better when he was out there against Iran. I'm not sure of the thought process behind removing Zimmermann, keeping a clean sheet, and then putting him back in. He's pretty much a paradigmatic MLS concrete-shoes ball-watcher of defender and it showed.

Is there no chance of getting in the Copa America? That would be huge, would also up the quality a little imo. They invite teams though don’t they? Sure I’ve seen Mexico in a few over the years.

He’s really poor. I dunno much about the other kid though tbf. Just seems to be a lack of real talent at the back, if they can get someone in then 4 years time will be interesting.

I dunno much about the other kid though tbf. Just seems to be a lack of real talent at the back, if they can get someone in then 4 years time will be interesting.

Carter-Vickers isn't awful, and he's only 24. Grew up mostly in England, Spurs academy, at Celtic now after a series of Championship loans. He's not van Dijk and he's a little short for a CB (6 feet, maybe 6'1") but he can actually move and doesn't spend 90% of his time watching the ball while failing to track runs.

Could finally be Hollands year, one of few consistent teams it seems.

Edit: Just noticed I read the stats backwards other than the goals, Yanks should be doing better surely?

Last edited:
Carter-Vickers isn't awful, and he's only 24. Grew up mostly in England, Spurs academy, at Celtic now after a series of Championship loans. He's not van Dijk and he's a little short for a CB (6 feet, maybe 6'1") but he can actually move and doesn't spend 90% of his time watching the ball while failing to track runs.

He has 4 years to take the spot. Still be in his prime by then and hopefully improved.

Back