Holiday nightmares

Magaluf when I was 21, I split my head open and had to get stitches, we had a fight with a load of cockneys which resulted in yet another fucked top, a lad got kicked through a glass door by a security guard, there was a meningitis outbreak, pretty much all of the bars were English fun pub type places playing Madness and Dexy's Midnight Runners. Only holiday I've ever had that I never really enjoyed funnily enough.
One family used to own most of the big English bars on the strip. Can’t remember the name, but own Alex’s etc. Bad news.

There used to be a black bouncer there called tank who could bend lamp posts. One of the biggest units I’ve ever seen. You’ll know him if you’ve seen him.

Grim place, most of the English workers are twisted on ket every night of the week. Place is lifting and full of absolute wronguns, and that’s just the workers.
I've given up on AirBnb. Had some good ones but overall the risks and hassle don't make it worth it. At least with hotels you know there is going to be a reception and you don't have to hang around on street corners waiting for a stranger to approach you with a key.
Agreed.
One family used to own most of the big English bars on the strip. Can’t remember the name, but own Alex’s etc. Bad news.

There used to be a black bouncer there called tank who could bend lamp posts. One of the biggest units I’ve ever seen. You’ll know him if you’ve seen him.

Grim place, most of the English workers are twisted on ket every night of the week. Place is lifting and full of absolute wronguns, and that’s just the workers.

Agreed.
Edit Benji.

Last edited:
I’ve been there too. And Maryport.
I opened a shop in Barrow so had to visit regularly.....goes off to look for shuddering emoticon
The trouble is....now I know about (and have experienced) many of the possible pitfalls, I get paranoid about booking holidays.

Even a couple of 'terrible' ratings on Trip advisor is likely to put me off an hotel.

I usually do a google streetview of the location of any target accommodation these days.....often very revealing!
if im booking an apartment with a balcony(which i do) I want to know what the view is.... always street view them and scope out the area

Last edited:

Back