Holiday cancellation refunds etc

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are they. I assume anything over and above what you originally paid will be compensating you for your loss.

You're not being compensated for any losses. It's interest charged on a debt they owe you. They are different.
For starters compensation isn't taxable, the interest is.

Did you book before 27th February as they changed terms then?
Yes i did. I knew they had changed their terms in february, and i brought that up with them. They were still adamant that their previous t&c's said no refunds. As a company i think they're holding that stance. I said i'd go to ABTA/go through small claims court, but they're attitude was "go on then"

I don't want the faff or hassle. The cancellation fee will be £93 between 3 families or we look for an equivalent property, which we'll try for first.

It's all over facebook and other social media how shitily they've treated customers, and as far as i can see nobody has had a full refund from them. I for one will never use them,or their associated companies again. I hope other people follow suit

Latest from Ryanair is they emailed me with a voucher offer that’s valid for 12 months. If I accept the voucher bang goes my refund. The one they already offered. The one I’ve claimed three times.

if I accept the voucher and don’t use it, they say they’ll refund me in 12 months. Yeah, right.

there’s nothing in their email that enables you to say sorry I don’t want the voucher, I want a refund.

So I responded to their offer by emailing them to say something soon the lines of “just for clarity, I don’t want a voucher, please send a refund.”

my emailed bounced because their inbox is too full.

Latest from Ryanair is they emailed me with a voucher offer that’s valid for 12 months. If I accept the voucher bang goes my refund. The one they already offered. The one I’ve claimed three times.

if I accept the voucher and don’t use it, they say they’ll refund me in 12 months. Yeah, right.

there’s nothing in their email that enables you to say sorry I don’t want the voucher, I want a refund.

So I responded to their offer by emailing them to say something soon the lines of “just for clarity, I don’t want a voucher, please send a refund.”

You need to go online apparently but that’s a fuck on.
I’m trying for a chargeback.

Ours for the end of May 21 is £700 more expensive for the exact same time of year. If Tui don't budge on price I'm pushing for a refund.
Had similar with virgin, wanted another 3.5k, told them where to go and asked for a refund... think we’ll see a lot of this kind where they are hiking up prices later into this year and next.

Had similar with virgin, wanted another 3.5k, told them where to go and asked for a refund... think we’ll see a lot of this kind where they are hiking up prices later into this year and next.
Not in the same price bracket, but to be fair to hoseasons cottages, they are letting you transfer your 2020 booking to the same property in 2021, for the equivalent time, without any increase.

Had our holiday for Croatia cancelled, due to fly out on Sunday. Jet Holidays were excellent. Contacted me last week via phone. Sorted refund out over the phone. In the bank two days later. Will defo book with Jet2 Holidays again when this crazy world gets better!!

This article in the Times (sorry, it's paywalled) saying banks and card companies are blocking about £7billion worth of refunds, all blaming each other and one even admitting that their staff have been giving out wrong advice! This quote from the end suggests that vouchers might be all we can expect...
Could anything change?
Yes. If the government comes out in support of credit notes and guarantees them then it is feasible that they will be considered as good as a refund. If so, banks may accept them in return for cash, in which case customers will not be able to make Section 75 or chargeback claims.

Not doing too bad. Got proper refunds of flights, & now the digs, from cancelled NYC visit. Digs were being tw*ts saying nee refund as per policy, but changed their position after a couple of well-aimed emails (which I’m sure they completely ignored). CG2Fs now I’ve got me money back so they’re canny lads n lasses.
Flight from work traveling to home agreed but seen no funds yet.

Not accepting any vouchers, rather get the value back in smashed windows etc. Childish but more satisfying and in my (tiny) mind obeys the laws of natural justice.

This article in the Times (sorry, it's paywalled) saying banks and card companies are blocking about £7billion worth of refunds, all blaming each other and one even admitting that their staff have been giving out wrong advice! This quote from the end suggests that vouchers might be all we can expect...
It would be up to ABTA/ATOL to provide the necessary compensation, not the banks. I can't see the government agreeing to anything but an extension to the refund time either.

Had our holiday for Croatia cancelled, due to fly out on Sunday. Jet Holidays were excellent. Contacted me last week via phone. Sorted refund out over the phone. In the bank two days later. Will defo book with Jet2 Holidays again when this crazy world gets better!!
Well we were due to fly tomorrow and still not talked to them. Cant get through at all with the call centres.

Not sure if previously mentioned but just having a look at Eurotunnel site ( we normally go to France in August though not booked yet)

They seem to be saying no refunds for normal tickets ( flexi plus are refundable) as they are running a full service..
HOWEVER when you get to France end you won’t be allowed in unless an essential worker or you’re French and returning home :eek:
How the fuck does that work ? Nee point in operating passenger service if passengers not being allowed off at the other end :lol:

You need to go online apparently but that’s a fuck on.
I’m trying for a chargeback.

I’ve been online. I’ve claimed the refund. Twice. I’m not going to claim it again. I’ll just present the evidence that I already have. It might take me years but I’ll have it. Unless they go bust.

I heard a bloke on the radio this morning saying that it might be worth accepting vouchers as the price of a holiday might sky rocket next year or whenever the travel industry gets back on track. The voucher could offset the price increase (or at least some of it). Worth bearing in mind - although I agree that a refund could be preferable in the current climate - I’m in a similar boat - got a holiday in July that’s due to be paid off mid may that I know won’t happen so I stand to lose a deposit if I cancel myself before the deadline, although it’s a lot less to lose then a lot of others who’ve paid in full already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back