Hillsborough- got to be said

Our fans at home were amazing. Sheff Wed’s were decent.

HOWEVER, this needs to be said - for the 5/10 minutes after they scored that is one of the best home atmospheres I’ve ever seen. They were class, shining torches apart. The place was absolutely bouncing and louder than anything I’ve heard from home fans.

Our players were colossal to stand up to it.

HOWEVER, this needs to be said - for the 5/10 minutes after they scored that is one of the best home atmospheres I’ve ever seen. They were class, shining torches apart. The place was absolutely bouncing and louder than anything I’ve heard from home fans.

Tried to say this to one of there supporters on the way out. He turned a bit shirty and wanted to fight. I just laughed at him and walked away. Great atmosphere.

Aye, spot on about the players, really stood up to get through that period

The discipline, determination and professionalism of our squad as a whole under Alex Neil to date is on a different level to the haphazard management of Johnson.

Well done all to keep strong after Wednesday scored as it was human nature to fear the worst as a Sunderland supporter but hopefully this is a new era beckoning.

I said to my daughter, if they score this place will erupt but we need to remember it's still 1-1. Credit to our lads as a lot of teams would have wilted and lost the tie there and then. Great character from us to dig in and hit back.

Good club Sheff Wed.
A few young idiots were posing near the Leppings lane tram stop after the game but the lads on the tram were spot on and wished us luck in the final.

Last edited:

I thought the light show was a joke, yes they were loud but so they should be.
But how good was it to shut them up.

That’s when it falls on our players shoulders to shut them up and bring that atmosphere to a holt. They were canny but that shiny light “display” was like a shit year 6 disco, f***ing shite.

Back