Hideous Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

All just a bit of crack like I just don’t know why Burns had to delete his tweet and Hartleys allowed to stay

Nothing to see here. Everyone who wanted to watch the womens game would have watched it anyway, and those who didn't wouldn't regardless of the mens game. Infact, I was probably less likely to watch anymore cricket after that debacle annoyed the life out of me yesterday.

Seems a bit of a trolling attempt by Hartley imo and very needless when they're trying to build up this "one team" unity type approach. Think Burns' reply was very just tbh

Just a bit of daft crack imo.

If it was some random member of the public on Twitter I’d agree, but this is someone with obvious links to the England cricket setup, taking the piss about a defeat.

Again, imagine the shoe on the other foot:

England women hammered in a game.

Ben Stokes tweets a joke about the defeat.

Absolute outrage ensues. Stokes called a misogynist, bad role model, calls for a ban, public apology, etc.
It's hardly hideous but you shouldn't make a joke of your fellow cricketers misfortunes.

I used the word hideous because it’s someone involved with the England cricket setup, joking about the England cricket setup.

Imagine what would happen if Root/Stokes/Butler did that?

What has happened to Burns? Deleted on his own judgement or asked to delete it? And if it was his own judgement was it because of fear of retribution for bringing the game into disrepute? Or setting a bad example?

Glad you atleast agree it shouldn’t have been joked about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back