Heworth Metro - Long Stay Car Park

I've been looking into alternatives to spending £90-100ish (I know there are discount codes etc) for a one week stay at Newcastle Airport car park.

I note that the long stay car park at Heworth costs £4.20 a day, with a maximum stay of seven days. So that is a little under £30 for a week. I've used the car park during the day but never overnight.

Anyone used it for a long stay? I'm not sure how safe the area is and/or whether the park has CCTV etc. Next time I use it, if the bloke in the metal cabin is there, I'll see what he reckons too.

I've been looking into alternatives to spending £90-100ish (I know there are discount codes etc) for a one week stay at Newcastle Airport car park.

I note that the long stay car park at Heworth costs £4.20 a day, with a maximum stay of seven days. So that is a little under £30 for a week. I've used the car park during the day but never overnight.

Anyone used it for a long stay? I'm not sure how safe the area is and/or whether the park has CCTV etc. Next time I use it, if the bloke in the metal cabin is there, I'll see what he reckons too.
When I do London trips I park at East Boldon, gable end of posh houses( Charlotte crescent or St John's terrace ) and metro into Central . 4 days usually .

Is saving £60-£70 worth it?

Metro fares on top, the additional time and the possibility of a disruption to service or delayed flights after the last metro.

Is saving £60-£70 worth it?

Metro fares on top, the additional time and the possibility of a disruption to service or delayed flights after the last metro.
For me yes. Metro fares = Fuel costs. The trip I have in mind is six or seven days with scheduled flights leaving and arriving back early afternoon. Travel to airport time isn't an issue for me. A saving of £70ish means that one flight would effectively be free.

Take a look on there see if you can get anything worthwhile. I've used it for MCR airport a few times.

Kinell, I remember when it was £1.20 for all day parking there when I used it for uni. Mind, that was about 20 year ago. :neutral:

Think I’d rather just stump up for the airport, or taxis rather than the gaff on and then leaving a car in a metro car park for a week.
Can’t you just get someone to drop you off and pick u up afterwards?

Park on bright street or selborne street near the navy club. Short walk to the metro over tyzaks bridge. It’s free and I’ve not seen a car messed with for a long time. Mother Cornish lived round there and it’s not bad.

Anywhere safeish near any Metro station would be fine. Even better if free.
Just figured on the street would be safer, since there will always be more cars there as well, no idea if there’s any single or double yellows along that stretch of road like nowadays,plus it’s Heworth side rather than Pelaw side where the natives may burn is as some magical iron horse
No idea if it’s monitored parking at the swan nowadays, that used to have a car park and is just across the road from the metro

Back