Hermes?

If you get the job would you mind seeing if you can locate a micro mini scooter I bought for the bairns birthday in September.

driver claimed he delivered it.

apparently leaving it on the doorstep and not checking if anyone was in is classed as delivering it with Hermes

still can’t get the refund either.

absolute shitbag company.

They were outstanding during lockdown, their service and delivery times seemed to actually improve when even the Royal Mail were struggling, sent and received 100's of parcels with very few problems. Had loads of problems with them in the last couple of months, missed pick-ups, lost items, lies, so many problems I've switched back to the RM.

From the drivers I've spoken to it depends on your route, if you have places that regularly get 10 parcels delivered and 10 pick ups you can hit 200 a day quite easily, sounds like the longer you are there the more chance you have of getting a good route. As far as I know the depot is in Gateshead (?), so unless you are over that way it means a 30 minute drive just to pick your parcels up, then another 30 minutes sorting them before you have to drive to your delivery area, if you're lucky your delivery area is near where you live or it means more time and fuel to get home.

Plenty of people make it work, even part timers but it seems like for some it just can't work.

I did it for a while about 13 year ago ..... Really enjoyed it and it was canny money at the time

Can imagine it being a lot busier these days

The van used to deliver my parcels at about 7 each morning and then i had the rest of the day to sort and deliver them

Got a shock one morning when i took delivery of 3 pallets of NEXT catalogues !!!!

The van used to deliver my parcels at about 7 each morning and then i had the rest of the day to sort and deliver them

Do they still deliver or do all drivers have to pick their parcels up now?

Loads of people say it's awful (loads of people are also scared of hard work) but plenty do it and lots says it is great if you want flexibility.

Do they still deliver or do all drivers have to pick their parcels up now?

Loads of people say it's awful (loads of people are also scared of hard work) but plenty do it and lots says it is great if you want flexibility.
No idea with Hermes these days

i know if its for Amazon you have to pick your own parcels up from one of the depots

I enjoyed it to be fair and even considered buying a van at the time and doing 2/3 areas

I work in pallets and can confirm it's been as busy as Christmas 3 out of 5 days a week for the last 6 months.

The problem we have is finding reliable drivers to give you a decent shift. Far too many want to do the minimum, and play stupid when not following procedures.

Christmas season is just starting up for us and it's going to be manic for the next 6/7 weeks.

This might be of interest to you...

Last edited:
They are the king of cock ups. Our local delivery driver is alright but Ive read some horror stories. The fact that there is a facebook page dedicated to Hermes mistakes and complaints says it all really :lol: Some delivery drivers even post on there saying its an absolute shambles of a company.
Actually I think I was being harsh, other than that one delivery Ive never had an issue with them. That one issue was down to them making a massive mistake where they labelled thousands of parcels incorrectly, my parcel ended up in Scotland before being returned to their main hub to be labelled correctly :lol:

Last edited:
I hate them me, I nearly got banned from ringing their call centre after having an animated conversation about a missing parcel that was showing as being delivered (when it wasn't) and it was part of my bairns Birthday presents. The dude was rude as fuck, got my back up and then he said he didn't like my tone and threatened to end the call the twat.

Back