Hermes self employed drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is there anyone on here currently doing this?
If so what are the pros and cons?
You can just decide yourself when you deliver parcels and ignore the massive labels on them telling you when you should

Edit: a next day delivery parcel expected last Wednesday turned up this morning (left outside the gate) due to "slight delays" whilst on the van for 6 days

Last edited:
In Whickham there used to be a place where ''special'' people lived. It was called the Hermitage and the inmates Hermies. That is of absolutely no relevance to this thread but it makes the child in me smile.

Do you have nice memories of your time there though? That's the main thing 😉
Yes, enjoyed my Friday in the pub last week. Will be in tomorrow and also Friday. Enjoyed calling Mags out and flanging a few.

Owt from them invariably stink of tabs/mank here. Often seem to have been “inspected” before delivery. Plakka bags with corners ripped off, boxes opened and taped badly etc. wouldn’t trust the smelly dirty fat bastard as far as I could throw it. If I could choose a courier in checkout I’d never choose those fuckers. If they specified Hermes I’d cancel.

Do you have nice memories of your time there though? That's the main thing 😉
Oh I also enjoy watching Whickham when not at the Ssol and was at Wembley in 81 to see us lift the vase. I also enjoy the fact I can walk in any bar and know people.

Pro: you can just leave the parcels outside in plain sight if no one is in and you still earn for your delivery.

I recently applied for a job there. Not heard back.

So I would say pro is you can apply. Con is you will never get it.

Pros: you earn money
Cons: you have to drive about

How on Earth are you able to get about you poor man if driving about is a bad thing. My sympathies go to you.

Last edited:
Cons - they say you're self employed so that they don't have to pay NI, pension & holidays even though you're not really

Are you seriously asking why not having paid annual leave is bad?

Yes. Why? Why is it so bad. I've not had much experience of work. I never used to pay much attention to my wage slip when I was. I could never understand this collection of numbers on a piece of paper.

I hope you aren't like this with your kids.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back