Help needed with an old cricket documentary film

Aidan11

Winger
Now there's no live cricket on TV I've been watching old cricket matches on You Tube. However there's something I saw on a channel a few years ago. I only caught a few minutes of it and regret not recording it.

It was a film showing the home 1968 Ashes series and I remember it was in colour. I don't even know what it was called but I remember it was narrated by John Arlott. I think there was one of the 1964 series as well.

Any help with the name of this or where I can find it online would be much appreciated.

Now there's no live cricket on TV I've been watching old cricket matches on You Tube. However there's something I saw on a channel a few years ago. I only caught a few minutes of it and regret not recording it.

It was a film showing the home 1968 Ashes series and I remember it was in colour. I don't even know what it was called but I remember it was narrated by John Arlott. I think there was one of the 1964 series as well.

Any help with the name of this or where I can find it online would be much appreciated.

Was stuff not released by the British Film Institute a year or two back?

I remember it being shown by the BBC in the 1980s when of course they still had the rights to show Test Cricket during a long rain delay.

Interestingly they invited John Arlott to reminisce about it and he got rather animated and angry about the sound quality of it which he said made him sound like a constipated bullfrog!

:lol: first line made me smile, been doing the same thing, as I bet many others have. Sad people haha.

Can't answer your question but will watch if found

Anything else you recommend?

Back